Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kadphises

Scuba equipment from the UK or Australia?

Guest Kadphises

Hi all,

I was just wondering whether anyone has any advice on this. Is it better to buy scuba equipment in Australia or in the UK and then ship it over (or have it delivered)? Is there a big difference in price?

Any advice would be welcome!

Thanks.

Guest TheYales

Hi!

We shipped the majority of our dive kit and im so glad we did, the cost of kit here is astronomical and what ive seen so far.. anything close to the reasonable bracket is not great quality. For example a dive tank can cost you upwards of $500, see this local store...http://www.diversservice.com.au/product.php?id=433

Ship, ship, ship!! :)

Guest Kadphises
    Hi!

We shipped the majority of our dive kit and im so glad we did, the cost of kit here is astronomical and what ive seen so far.. anything close to the reasonable bracket is not great quality. For example a dive tank can cost you upwards of $500, see this local store...http://www.diversservice.com.au/product.php?id=433

Ship, ship, ship!! :)

Thanks for the reply! Have given it some thought and, as I don't have equipment yet, I'll probably buy most in Australia and go for used equipment mostly.

As someone pointed out to me, if you compare the prices to here and then take the difference in wages into consideration it isn't too bad. Having said that looking at the GBP -AUD exchange rate it is steep.

Guest Heather2011
    Thanks for the reply! Have given it some thought and, as I don't have equipment yet, I'll probably buy most in Australia and go for used equipment mostly.

As someone pointed out to me, if you compare the prices to here and then take the difference in wages into consideration it isn't too bad. Having said that looking at the GBP -AUD exchange rate it is steep.

When you get here, give us a shout, we have ours to sell; we couldnt sell ours in the UK so have brought it with us...

Guest Kadphises
    When you get here, give us a shout, we have ours to sell; we couldnt sell ours in the UK so have brought it with us...

Hi Heather, thank you for the offer! I will do! I arrive around mid-November and will get in touch around then.

Guest Heather2011
    Hi Heather, thank you for the offer! I will do! I arrive around mid-November and will get in touch around then.

Great, look forward to hearing from you then...