Sign in to follow this  
Guest twinfamily

Reasons to fail a medical

Guest twinfamily

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows why you could fail a medical?

I had spinal surgery when I was a child but it doesn't stop me from doing anything anything and I'm not on any medication or hospital follow up. My husband has arthritis but again he's not on any medication and fit and well.

Just wondering if we should be worried?

Thanks

jessica

Guest ali

Let me see. I was a bit worried when I had the medicals but it's not that big of a deal. They take an X-ray from your chest, test your eyesight, take urine and blood samples (for HIV and Hepatitis) and that is about it. They also asked me a few questions regarding my health and if I had had any issues before.

Almost forgot, they also weigh you in and compare it with your height to see if you are fit and well. I have forgotten what the points are like but if your body is functioning well you don't have to be worried.

Hope this helps.

Cheers:smile:

Ali

Guest lynda b

hi jessica

really dont think you have anything to worry about.all they are looking for is hiv hep c and tuberculosis.i had high blood pressure and my daughter scoliosis but they still passed our medicals.

its just a revenue thing.

goodluck

L x

Guest zidden

What they medical is designed to provide the immigration officer is a snap shot at that moment in time that you are fit and healthy to live and work in Australia. If you were to have a condition or disease that would put a drain on the Australian system then you will most likely be refused.

Guest lebour

No, you shouldnt be worried - but your medicals will both likely be referred, just because you have some sort of medical history.