EOI and state sponsorship time scales

SwanseaJack

Hi

Can anyone offer me an answer I have just submitted my EOI and state sponsorship to SA. Does anyone know how long the new system takes to hopefully accept sponsor and allow you to apply for a permanent visa. Also do you have the medicals and crb checks once you have applied for the visa or prior. So many questions madness!

Just want to get there ASAP and start a new life

Kathy and family:wubclub:

Hi

Kath I had to get my ss before I could apply for EOI and state sponsorship strange!!!! What job are you hoping to be sponsored for. I am going for teaching which is highly available at present. Keep as informed about your response and I'll do the same. Fingers are tightly crossed

Kathy and family:biggrin:

Guest chrisandcord

hey all - we logged our EOI on 4/7/12 and then applied for SS on 11/7/12 (Didnt realise I could do straight away! But you can!) they received all our cover letters by the 17/7 and have just found out today that we have been accepted so need to get on with main application to DIAC now. You have to do medicals and CRB in this process but unfortunately we cant do medical until new year as the wife is pregnant. HAve you applied for SS yet Kathy?

I remember reading that for the SS you need to wait up to 8 weeks for the decision. I would assume that an answer will be given within that time, an email will be sent to notify you that they have made a decision and if positive they make a nomination through the Skillselect system. That system I think sends out invitations once per month. The first round of invitations was sent out on 1st August. Here's the report for those invitations. http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/report-2012-08/

I am also waiting for the SA State nomination - submission accepted 24/7/2012. That's just over 1 month ago.

I wish you good luck.

Geoff.

Hi Kathy

My hubby is going for Systems Analyst. I am a Maternity Support Worker so have to look for job once there. When i put SS i meant state sponsorship, or i could be getting confused which is not hard for me. ha ha.

I have a 12 year old girl and 9 year old son. Do you have children.

I will keep you informed and my fingers are tightly crossed too.

Kath

Hi all

My mistake I meant skills assessment not state sponsorship. I submitted my EOI and state sponsorship last Friday the24th August.

I have a four year old daughter Hollie, haven't really told her anything yet but she is picking up on a few things. My partner Simon and I are busy down the gym at the moment trying to get fit for the medical as we could both o with losing a little weight. Just don't want anything to go wrong now.

What part are you looking to move to ? At the moment we are thing Hallet cove as easy ish access to the city as that is where Simon will probably look or work. me who knows. Hopefully I want to get a job before we go out but I don't think that is realistic.

It's great to be in contact with other families were are in similar positions.

Keep in touch

Kathy Simon

hi all

i am anew member and am aspiring to apply for state sponsorship by the end of this year as my course will be finished in nov.

can anyone tell me that

CAN I APPLY FOR STATE SPONSORSHIP AND EOI AFTER APPLYING FOR SKILLS ASSESSMENT OR WOULD HAV TO WAIT TILL I GET MY POSITIVE SKILLS ASSESSMENT??

DO I HAVE TO APPLY FOR SS ANS EOI AT THE SAME TIME??

PLEASE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS AS I M TOTALLY CONFUSED??

THANKS

ANNI

Hi All,

Like Kathy we have an agent we already had our skills assesment and she applied for our EOI & state sponcership at the same time.

We got our invite yesterday along with looooooooads of paperwork lol and the state sponcership should be within next couple of weeks as it is currently an 8 wk turnaround.

Its all very exciting now, Kids dont even want to go back to school LOL :)

Em

Guest Shauno27

Hi all

I have also applied through an agent for eoi and sponsorship. I am a teacher too and so is my husband but it is only me as main applicant. We applied on tue 3rd July but haven't heard a thing. Hoping it's not too long. We have 4 year old twins and not sure where we would live! Need to research

Karen

Guest Shauno27

Hi

I haven't a clue. Will have to look into it as I really need a job as soon as possible. When are you thinking of going? My children start reception in sept this year. Not sure when we would plan to go if we are lucky to get a visa.

Why did you choose hallet cove? Again I am so unsure. I would want a catholic school maybe in west beach but again don't know. Been too preoccupied gertig this far lol!! Where do you live? We are in the midlands .

Karen

Hi

We hope to go ASAP after hopefully getting visa, and selling house. Liked Hallet Cove as had lovely beaches and family area. Hollie starts reception in September too. we are living in West Wales. not far from the beaches hence Hallet Cove. Iknow we have to register at some time and complete a short course before bring able to teach in SA (1 day approx I think).

I am sure I shall find out more as the time gets nearer it's just a case of worrying about each step as they come. Don't know about you but. Seem to be really busy collecting things then there are long periods f waiting and then it starts again.

Kathy

Guest Delta Tango

Hi

This is my first post, i'm a bit scared!:wideeyed:

Here's where we are at the moment ... I sent our EOI on the 13th July as soon as i recieved my IELTS results (the last bit of paperwork I needed) I then had to wait until the 17th July to submit my SS as the system was changing to the new online application process so was unavailable for a few days. I am still waiting for a reply & i'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed!! There is a page on the SA website which updates the timescale for processing SS and at the moment they are processing applications received on the 16th July and the processing time is an estimated 12 weeks.