Sign in to follow this  
Guest sedgecl

Thought this might be of use

    Recommended Posts

    Guest sedgecl

    Hi all


    Thought I would share yesterday's experience, I came too Oz many years ago on a work permit, where I received my Medicard and Tax file number. I was advised by my friend to go to Cenrelink where you apply for your Child benefit , when advising the lady I was here years ago, and producing my Medicare card all my details of where I use to live, etc wre brought up on the screen. This saved me so much time as all I needed to do was amend my surname, as I am now married, and add my hubby and boys on.


    I still had to fill in the form for the benefits, and hubby still had to apply for a tax file number, it didn't take long nd the chap behind the counter was really helpful.


    Thought I would share this with you, as anyone who has been here before on a working holiday is almost done, all you need to do is deactivate your card:

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    Sign in to follow this