Guest richdownunder

What's Seaford / Seaford Rise Like ?

Guest richdownunder

Hi,

I've seen some lovely properties for sale on Realestate.com in Seaford Rise and wonder what the downside is of living there - commuting to CBD etc - as you seem to get an awful lot of property for your money versus other areas closer towards Adelaide that I've been looking at - Hallet Cover for example.

Would welcome any comments on these areas.

Thanks, Rich

Check it out when you get here. I drove past on a day trip to Moana when I was here on hols last year and it's not somewhere I could live. It also feels miles out from the city but I'm not sure how long it actually takes to get in. Having said that it really depends on what you want from an area and it might be your idea of the perfect suburb.

Guest andylynnchriskirst

Hi Rich, we live in Seaford Meadows, which is above Seaford Rise and next to Seaford.

They are all lovely places to live. Moana is my favourite beach! Which is a 5-10 min walk.

I wouldn't say it's too far from the city, but then it depends on what your used to.

It used to take us 30 mins to drive 10miles to our nearest city in the UK, whereas here it takes about 45 minutes to drive about 35km.

Houses are lovely, there is a shopping centre in the middle, so that is also within walking distance.

Obviously, like everywhere, I expect there are roads or certain areas within these areas that aren't nice, but we've been here 7 weeks now, and haven't heard of anything 'bad' going on in the surrounding areas.

We are renting in Seaford Meadows, a new suburb, and you definitely get more for your money here!

Hope this helps!

The Horns x

Guest bosco

hi we r also Seaford Meadows, its a bit outta the city and bar scenes but a great place.You can still get to the city in about 45mins.There is a great shopping centre about 10 mins drive and cinema.Plenty of eating houses on doorstep and lovely beaches.We have 15 year old daughter and 23 and 25 yr old sons who love it here.We moved here about 9 months ago from Ireland. If you wanna live close to the city you will not get much for your money compared to down south.

Guest AngPhil

Hi,

We haven't been here long, but are loving it south of the city. We are renting in Seaford Meadows and my OH is working north of the city 45 mins commute. Much better than 10 miles in an hour in Leeds!

We never wanted to be near the city to be honest. But loving it so far :)

Guest Chris_J

You've time travelled and arrived in August next year, AngPhil :-)

I'll be sure to check out Seaford area then and see what we think. So many places to choose from, and I suppose it depends on what income is like too.

Hi

We lived in Seaford Rise when we first arrive in Adelaide 5 years ago. I think its a lovely area - I used to love driving along Grand Boulevard and looking at all the neatly manicured gardens and different houses. Seaford Rise is a large hill - so many of the houses are great sea views...theres many small playground areas for children and a few free tennis courts around too. It close to Seaford Shopping Mall - walkable to shops and schools and to Moana Beach ( about 20 min walk)...so makes for a great family friendly place to live.

I would certainly recommend it as a place to live

Sarahx

Guest richdownunder

Hi,

Thanks for all the feedback. Does anyone know how long the train journey will take into the city once the station at Seaford opens as I can't seem to find anything online?

Thanks, rich

We live down this way at Port Noarlunga Sth and personally I think its fantastic.

it pretty much has everything lovely beaches shopping centres rail links a decent bus service.

We have been here a year next week and have bought a house in Seaford.

I always like to take the back rd up past the river mouth and on the esplanade even on the rainy days its belting view all the way home.

Hi,

Thanks for all the feedback. Does anyone know how long the train journey will take into the city once the station at Seaford opens as I can't seem to find anything online?

Thanks, rich

Hi Rich

Currently the train take about 30 minutes from Noarlunga (express strain non stop), the line is being electrified at the beginning of the year and then opened from Seaford to the city. with the change from diesel engine to electric the train journey will be faster the plan is (when I worked in the contract dept for Rail) was that the line would stop still at Noarlunga with possibly one express straight from Seaford (to begin with) but the time taken would still be about 35 mins from seaford via express to Adelaide.

I do. 3 journeys on the train per week 2 mornings, 1 evening.

Nice journey, sea views and friednly people!!!! bit different from the Fleet to Waterloo train!!!!!

Good luck

Kim

:wubclub:

Edited by Damms