Furniture Shopping

Guest jakeandshelley

Guest jakeandshelley

Hi,

are there any reasonable furniture shops in Adelaide? We are not bringing anything with us as we have rented our home out fully furnished.

We will be renting for the first year or so, maybe rent fully furnished in Adelaide, not sure yet. Any advice will be appreciated!

Regards,

Shelley Scott.

Guest moonraker1959

How about Fantastic Furniture?I don't have any personal experience with this store but have heard it mentioned on this forum before.You could always look for 2nd hand via gumtree,local papers,op shops,garage sales and so on.

How about Fantastic Furniture?I don't have any personal experience with this store but have heard it mentioned on this forum before.You could always look for 2nd hand via gumtree,local papers,op shops,garage sales and so on.
Great advice Moonraker.Fully furnished is a very expensive way to go long term,though really good short term whilst finding your feet.

Guest dondon75

Hi

Thanks for info on places to buy very helpful.

Did you ship anything over, personnel items ect? If so who did you use what method?

Do you regret not shipping or pleased with prices?

Hi There

We didnt bring a single bit of furniture either. As others have said, Ikea, Le Cornu, Fantastic Furniture, Amart, Harvey Norman. I havent been dissappointed with the furniture here and have got some lovely items...theres lots of furniture shops here.

Dondon75 - We only shipped over 20 boxes which contained personal items, mainly photographs, books, cds etc. I dont regret dont bringing anything over at all. We wanted a fresh start and wanted fresh new furniture to go with our new life and new house. No regrets

Sarahx

Guest dondon75

Shipping out 20 boxes how much did that cost and who with?

We have read that electricals tools and White goods are expensive, is this true? Have things it more expensive since you moved 2007?

You have one really well, you short term rental is lovely, on our short let but might be too big for our needs and costs.