guerns0708

Any thoughts on Reynella East High School?

I have a daughter in Yr 6 and Reynella East will be the High school that she should go to. I have heard conflicting reports about it but just wondered of any of you have kids that go there?

Thanks

jo

I have only heard good things about the school a friend is the head of the PE department I think I can never remember what he actually does there. Lots of people I know send there kids there and are very happy also. I would go for a visit it's a very personal choice though...

Both my kids go there or went there. Tom is currently in year 11 and his last school report was 1 c and all the rest a's and b's - so something is going right! Laura did all her high schooling there and is now in her first year at Adelaide Uni studying bachelor of arts in English and Classics.

It's like any high school - if the child wants to learn they will. If they don't they won't - simple as. Not all the teachers are good but again you get that anywhere. The school is currently going through a major transformation which will improve the facilities on-going.

They have a special music program, which Tom is part of, and they put on regular music nights and they go on a annual music tour - going out to some of the rural areas playing for the local primary schools. They went down to Mount Gambier last year and are going to the riverland this year.

Overall we have no problems with the school and have never considered moving the kids from there. If there is anything more specific you won't to know let me know.

Sally