Primary teachers salary

SwanseaJack

Hi

Can any one help me. I am looking to find out what a teacher with 17 years experience is paid in SA. I have been a co-ord for many subjects and have had other areas of responsibility. I am having lots of different information. One recruitment agency told me not to bother as teachers salary is the lowest of the low. I am sure this can't be right.

If any one has the right answer please let me know

Thank you

Kathy:arghh:

Guest norah battie

$82-$85000 depending on qualifications (20 years teaching accreditation, advance skilled teacher etc.................recruitment agency is wrong........) Hope this helps. Contact me if you need more info

Hi Kathy

You can look at the DECD website(Department of Education) and find the salary scale for government schools. Good luck though, it is a tedious site and difficult to navigate. Private schools will have their own scales. I think the main problem is securing permanent work easily. The best route in is doing supply work for a while until you build up contacts. Good luck in your search.

roula

Hi

Thanks for your responses thought agency was wrong. Another question I know I need to register as a teacher can I do this prior to arriving the same goes with supply is it done through an agency or do drop your CV off and hope for the best. So many questions. I have tried to navigate that web site and I agree it's really difficult.

Are you teaching in SA now or are you like trying to get there? Waiting for an invitation at the moment. Fingers tightly crossed.

Thanks kathy

Hi Kathy

You can begin the process of registering with the teachers registration board from the UK by having your qualifications assessed. Once that is done you can register. However you will need to be in SA to register because you will need a local First Aid certificate and a certificate for a course on child abuse/neglect. You can check all this out on their website: http://www.trb.sa.edu.au. Also, they are very helpful if you call them up.

I am registered and have a number from DECD(you can apply for this after you have registration.)There is one agency in Adelaide that deals with teaching but I plan to make appointments to meet principals at their schools and hand in all the documentation, cv etc personally. I am also volunteering at my children's school in order to get myself known and help out, of course!

Good luck with it all.

roula

Hi Kathy

I registered a few months ago and have just updated my cv, so haven't started work yet. I had to wait a month to get a registration number from DECD too. Speaking to other teachers who do supply, there is work, and once you are known longer contracts pop up. I am only available to work 2 days a week whilst my youngest is in pre-school but once she starts Reception in January there should be more possibilities for work.

roula

Guest Heather2011

Sorry to bulldoze in...i am hopefully going to get Secondary teacher registration with SA, if i do does that mean i cant teach Middle school? i am a Maths/English Teacher.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Kathy

You can begin the process of registering with the teachers registration board from the UK by having your qualifications assessed. Once that is done you can register. However you will need to be in SA to register because you will need a local First Aid certificate and a certificate for a course on child abuse/neglect. You can check all this out on their website: www.trb.sa.edu.au. Also, they are very helpful if you call them up.

I am registered and have a number from DECD(you can apply for this after you have registration.)There is one agency in Adelaide that deals with teaching but I plan to make appointments to meet principals at their schools and hand in all the documentation, cv etc personally. I am also volunteering at my children's school in order to get myself known and help out, of course!

Good luck with it all.

roula

Hi Roula

this is dhanam coming to Adelaide on 16/11/2012.

I am from India and been granted 475 visa

In india i have been working as a Asssisstant Professor in English.

and i have got B.ed too apart from Master's in English (degree got in India)

and i have got 10 years of teaching experience in india.

while i am in adelaide,is there any posssibility of me getting teaching job(primary or secondary)

my IELTS Score is 6.5 in Academics.

when i apply for visa , igot my skills assessed (sometime 3 years ago)

after landing ,in order to register, should i once again go for qualification assessemnt?

how long the govt takes for registration of teaching qualification?

can i get any supply jobs befor getting registration?

what is the prospects of getting teaching jobs for my qualification. somebody says they don't recognize the qualification got outside australia.

can u show light on what shall i do after landing?

EXPECTING YOUR REPLY WITH HOPE.

REGARDS