Guest twinfamily

Northeastern suburbs - What do you think of my list?

Guest twinfamily

Hi

We're moving to Adelaide next year and have narrowed down our list of suburbs. Can anyone give us advice on what it's like living there?

We'll be most likely working in Salisbury.

Redwood Park, Banskia Park, Golden Grove, St Agnes, Ridgehaven, Modbury heights, Sherwood Park, Fairview Park, Tea Tree gully, Greenwith

We're looking for a family friendly suburb with good public and primary schools and also low crime rates. Also no local housing estates would be a bonus.

I've narrowed down the search simply by looking online. We would like a large 5 bed home with decent garden and I know some of the new suburbs may not have this. It would be great to be in walking distance to decent schools and good shopping would be essential.

Any suggestions on areas/schools? What's it like to live there?

Thanks

Jessica

Not heard of Sherwood Park, but the others all sound ok! Wait till you get here and see where you can find a place.... 5 bedrooms will limit you a fair bit.

I agree with Diane - wait until you get here and have a good look round all of them. They are all in a relatively small area and you could easily have a good drive round all of them in just a couple of days. You may also be restricted by what you can find to rent, although you do get more for your money further out from the city. We considered Banksia Park and Tea Tree Gully and my sister in law lives in Fariview Park. All these areas are very green, quite hilly and the blocks tend to be quite big. Whether you ar walking distance to shops will depend on exactly where in those suburbs you are.

Guest Guest5035

you missed out the best burb......Wynn Vale....cause its where i live.:wink:.....great schools for all ages, all within 5 minute drive, bus services to salisbury, shops galore, parks, great local council, cafes, resteraunts, walking/cycling trails, sporting facilities, big/small houses, the list goes on..

http://www.realestate.com.au/buy/with-5-bedrooms-in-wynn+vale%2c+sa+5127/list-1?includeSurrounding=false

http://www.goldengrovevillage.com.au/

http://www.teatreegully.sa.gov.au/page.aspx

stevo

We live in Surrey Downs which is next door to Golden Grove, Wynn Vale etc and we like it here, Daughter goes to GG primary which is about a 6minute drive away, about 5 min drive to shops too.

QUOTE=twinfamily;240003]Hi

We're moving to Adelaide next year and have narrowed down our list of suburbs. Can anyone give us advice on what it's like living there?

We'll be most likely working in Salisbury.

Redwood Park, Banskia Park, Golden Grove, St Agnes, Ridgehaven, Modbury heights, Sherwood Park, Fairview Park, Tea Tree gully, Greenwith

We're looking for a family friendly suburb with good public and primary schools and also low crime rates. Also no local housing estates would be a bonus.

I've narrowed down the search simply by looking online. We would like a large 5 bed home with decent garden and I know some of the new suburbs may not have this. It would be great to be in walking distance to decent schools and good shopping would be essential.

Any suggestions on areas/schools? What's it like to live there?

Thanks

Jessica

Guest moonraker1959

I used to live in Surrey Downs for a while,ages ago though,and it seemed ok.I'm guessing what you mean by big housing estates you mean as in council housing/housing trust homes?Salisbury where you may be working has a huge council estate near the centre.My sister lives in Greenwith (what you might call a "private"estate)has social housing interspersed with the estate,so not rows of housing,but individual ones.All of those burbs are close to Tea Tree Plaza,main shopping centre for that area,plus you have all the buses that leave from that centre to the city so pretty good transport links.

Guest twinfamily

Thanks for all your replies. I don't want to live in an area with council houses if I can help it. The golden grove primary

School seems to be highly recommended. Do you know how I can find out the catchment area for it ?

Cheers

Guest Guest5035
    Thanks for all your replies. I don't want to live in an area with council houses if I can help it. The golden grove primary

School seems to be highly recommended. Do you know how I can find out the catchment area for it ?

Cheers

Every suburb now by law has to have a certain amount of housing available for the "less fortunate" your neighbours house could be a ripper but filled with scum....whether they are less fortunate or not, afraid you cannot pick and choose your neighbours.

re the catchment, contact the school

stevo

I have a friend who lives in redwood park. Seems OK and close to amenities etc. Their house has a fantastic view from the back too, over the city and to the sea.