sidestep

Anyone fancy driving a bus?

Southlink are in the process of recruiting around 100+ drivers to fulfill upcoming rail substitution work. You'd need an HR or HC licence and would need to be able to obtain LP accreditation

Southlink application form is here.

Dunno if anyone would be interested but there again it might help someone out so what the heck.

My OH did his HR licence with Southlink.

If you don't have your Heavy Rigid licence that's not a problem. Southlink allowed one of their bendy buses to be used and you have lessons that the company arranges. You have the option of paying for them yourself or the cost can be deducted from your future salary.

My OH said that there's a good group of people to work with and the mangement were great too.

He decided not to continue because the company introduced what they call "through running". This is where buses from the South (in Lonsdale) no longer cover south of the city but run through to the northern suburbs as well. Once you get a grasp of the routes it all falls into place and their penalty pay rates were good too.

Tamara

My OH did his HR licence with Southlink.

If you don't have your Heavy Rigid licence that's not a problem. Southlink allowed one of their bendy buses to be used and you have lessons that the company arranges. You have the option of paying for them yourself or the cost can be deducted from your future salary.

My OH said that there's a good group of people to work with and the mangement were great too.

He decided not to continue because the company introduced what they call "through running". This is where buses from the South (in Lonsdale) no longer cover south of the city but run through to the northern suburbs as well. Once you get a grasp of the routes it all falls into place and their penalty pay rates were good too.

Tamara

Through running isn't an issue - you just continue on from Grote St up Main North and on to Mawson Interchange - basically it's the 222 route and you'd be unlucky to get it twice in a week. Everything else is in the south, mainly between Marion and Seaford.

Anyway that's regular work. It's train subs they need drivers for so that'll be near enough following the rail lines into the CBD.