R & H

Happy and sad 3 sleeps to go!

3 sleeps to go, so excited but feeling bad about our two lovely dogs travelling in a crate tonight from Heathrow - just had our farewell party last weekend which was absolutely brilliant but very emotional - we travel Thursday - YIPPEE x

Have a good trip guys, and bring layers for your clothes! 26 today but down to 16 again tomorrow, and the nights/mornings are still chilly!

Hi

could you tell me which company your using to ship your dogs over. we have a black lab.

also did you find renting accommodation easy which allows pets.

hope you all have an exciting and safe journey.

still waiting for ss.

kath

Hi Jasonkath, yes of course, we have used Petair, they have been brilliant from start to finish, they were the only company I could find that I felt put the dogs first and use a pheromone spray on the crates to calm them as you are not allowed to give them a tranquiliser. After speaking with their vet we also put them on a natural herbal remedy called Zylkene that does the same thing as our two have never experienced kennels before we were really worried about them. The driver who collected them was lovely, but we did feel awful when they were put in their crate. Petair kept us up to date yesterday and we also got a call from them once they were put on the plane, reassuring us they were ok. Thankfully they made sure that they were facing each other so will hopefully have comfort from each other. They also gave us tracking information so we can check on-line what stage of travel they are at. Can't wait to hear tonight that they've arrived safe and sound. Miss them so much already.

Guest shed end col

Have a good trip over ,nice to see some Surrey peeps arriving.

Hey!

Your turns come around! :biggrin:Bet your gonna love it - We've been here 5 wks today and we are loving it. I can't remember what area you said you were coming to?

Lisa

Hi thanks very much shed end co -

Brucebabe - so glad you're loving it - we're staying in Glenelg for 2 weeks, then moving to Hallett Cove - hope we can meet up with some of you when we get settled - we're hoping to make the October get together xxx

Sorry, Lisa just realised you put your name - I think I'm finally running out of steam! Nearly there though - so looking forward to the flight for a good rest if nothing else - fingers crossed its not too bumpy!

Guest CarlyT

Hope you have a good flight! We have 32 more sleeps and I seem to get a little bit more excited and a little bit more nervous everyday...I dread to think what I'll be like when we're as close as you guys!! We're using PetAir too - Bob is fantastic - just wished we had another dog so our little one has some company like yours - it's not easy when you can't explain to them what's going to happen! Hope everything goes well for you and we might see you at one of the meet ups!!

Carly

Hi thanks very much shed end co -

Brucebabe - so glad you're loving it - we're staying in Glenelg for 2 weeks, then moving to Hallett Cove - hope we can meet up with some of you when we get settled - we're hoping to make the October get together xxx

Great! We move to Hallett cove on Tuesday so get in touch when you get here and we can meet up :wink:

Lisa

Guest Yvonne & Neil

Hi, I used PetAir too. Must say they were fantastic. I was so worried about both of my dogs like you say the poor things dont under stand what happening. I was happier when I knew that they had arrived in Melbourne. Again the staff at spot wood Quarentine were more than helpful and don't mind you ringing up to see how your pet is getting on. My dogs were well and happy when I was reunited with them. Hope this helps, I know it's a worrying time.

Hi Yvonne

I shall be having a look at PetAir. do you have to go to melbourne and collect or does petair deliver to your home. did you found it easy to find accommodation that allows pets. thanks for info.

kath

Hi

Thank you so much for information, i will be looking at petair for sure. have a fantastic flight. and a wonderful reunion with your dogs.

would you mind up dating me on your arrival and how it all went. where you stayed, renting property, schools (if needed). warts and all.

heres to your new exciting and wonderful life.

kath x

Guest Yvonne & Neil
    Hi Yvonne

I shall be having a look at PetAir. do you have to go to melbourne and collect or does petair deliver to your home. did you found it easy to find accommodation that allows pets. thanks for info.

kath

Hi Kath,

petair arranged the flight from Melbourne to Adelaide and also arranged the delivery of my dogs to my address. You can also pick them up from Adelaide airport. We didn't find it too hard getting a rental with dogs. Sometimes you just need to pay a higher bond.

hope this heips

Yvonne

Hi Lisa, thanks, yes we'll definitely do that - can't wait to get there.

Helen (just had confirmation our dogs have arrived safe and sound - Phew!)