Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nicky, Alan and Kids

Willunga High School

Guest Nicky, Alan and Kids

Hi

Do any of you know much about this school? looking for a school for our 16 year old and this one came up on the search. Would be really grateful for any feedback.

Nicky

Guest LOUISE HANNAH
    Hi

Do any of you know much about this school? looking for a school for our 16 year old and this one came up on the search. Would be really grateful for any feedback.

Nicky

Hi Nicky,

We were looking originally at Aldinga beach area to live and the local high school is willunga, we looked on the web at the school which gives you a better insight but have had a couple of replies stating that it is a very large school with children from lots of areas going there. We have decided to go to Algate/stirling now so we have been looking at heathfield high. I would look at their website though.

Louise

Guest Zippy

Sorry late reply,

This school has a special sports program in volleyball (great reputation and training facilities). It has a wide variety of school subjects (everything from psychology, to agriculture, to computer art). They have a vineyard on campus for student teaching, plus some farm animals for the more science/agricultural subjects. Large school, with nice grounds and great sports fields, easy access by bus.

Over the past couple of years they have really improved their image with more of an emphasis on standard uniforms.

Should just mention, in my opinion, a large proportion of the students don't want to go to university (this may be due to its distance from any university, or many farmers' children attending who will follow in parents footsteps, etc). So if your child is very academically inclined, you may want to check the uni stats.

Cheers, good luck.

Guest Meggs!

Sorry, I have no idea, but would love to hear as were looking for a school for me (13) to go to in Adelaide.

Meggs X