Guest thebeans

Help needed....Has anybody had experience of this situation before on a 457 visa?....

    Recommended Posts

    Guest thebeans

    Hi All

     

    I hope somebody may have had some experience in this area...

     

    The story goes;

     

    My Parents are part-way through applying for a 457 visa for what was originally described as a 4 year contract, nomination has been lodged and is awaiting approval, medical complete (working in a hospital) police checks not yet requested. Immigration have been in touch to say there is a discrepancy with the application and the employer has only listed the role as a 2 year contract which is disappointing as you can imagine.

     

    In the mean time another potential job offer has come through offering a 4 year contract which is more central to Adelaide and a preferred job. Does anybody know/have experience of starting another nomination and cancelling the one in process? Is this possible? Can you also transfer medical results or would this have to be done again.

     

    All help would be greatly appreciated.

     

    Many Thanks Emma

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Hi All

     

    I hope somebody may have had some experience in this area...

     

    The story goes;

     

    My Parents are part-way through applying for a 457 visa for what was originally described as a 4 year contract, nomination has been lodged and is awaiting approval, medical complete (working in a hospital) police checks not yet requested. Immigration have been in touch to say there is a discrepancy with the application and the employer has only listed the role as a 2 year contract which is disappointing as you can imagine.

     

    In the mean time another potential job offer has come through offering a 4 year contract which is more central to Adelaide and a preferred job. Does anybody know/have experience of starting another nomination and cancelling the one in process? Is this possible? Can you also transfer medical results or would this have to be done again.

     

    All help would be greatly appreciated.

     

    Many Thanks Emma

     

    This sort of thing often happens when applicants are advised/represented by (usually unregistered) agents acting on behalf of employers.

     

    It would be possible to withdraw the current application and lodge a new one, but whether this would be a good strategy I do not know.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest thebeans

    Thanks wrussell

     

    Yes the agent is UK based and I believe unregistered, there have been a few hiccups and wrong information given out up to now, but the company is using these people to both recruit staff and process the visa.

     

    My mum is being totally honest with the 2nd job in regards to where she is up to in the process so I guess we wil see what happens, but good to know that she can withdraw this application and start another if necessary. Thanks for your input.

     

    This sort of thing often happens when applicants are advised/represented by (usually unregistered) agents acting on behalf of employers.

     

    It would be possible to withdraw the current application and lodge a new one, but whether this would be a good strategy I do not know.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Thanks wrussell

     

    Yes the agent is UK based and I believe unregistered, there have been a few hiccups and wrong information given out up to now, but the company is using these people to both recruit staff and process the visa.

     

    My mum is being totally honest with the 2nd job in regards to where she is up to in the process so I guess we wil see what happens, but good to know that she can withdraw this application and start another if necessary. Thanks for your input.

     

    I advise all 457 applicants to consult a registered migration agent to assess their prospects of applying for permanent residence.

     

    There is no harm in quietly taking steps to prepare an application for permanent residence either before, after, or in conjunction with a 457 application.

     

    A failure of business conditions or a falling out with an employer can leave 457 visa holders with 28 days to leave Australia and no options.

     

    It is not a sound strategy to rely entirely on advice from an agent (registered or not) who has been retained by an employer.

     

    The DIAC currently lead people to believe that a 457 employer can readily sponsor an employee for permanent residence after two years. It can be noted some employers prefer to keep employees under their thumb and some employers (including some major international firms) have a policy of never sponsoring for permanent residence.

    Edited by wrussell
    sp

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I was on a 457 for 12 months if your parents can apply for PR then I would recommend doing that as you are basically 'owned' by the employer I would use the 457 as a mean tog et here but start the PR process ASAP. Never listen to employers as circumstances can change.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now