New Member, First Posting

Guest Jamie & Mhairi

Guest Jamie & Mhairi

Hi, this is my first posting in this site. I have been view this site a number of times and thought it was time to introduce myself.

We live in the West Coast of Scotland and are in the final stages of our visa application process.

Medicals booked for 10th March

Police Checks applied for 3 weeks ago.

Awaiting Casement officer details.

Mhairi (my wife) Jack (12) and Pamela (9) are going on a holiday to Adelaide on 28th June for 3 weeks , staying at Seaford Riseand during this time we would like to arrange meetings with schools and recruitment agencys.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Welcome to you all, i'm sure you'll find lots of useful info on theis site.

Good luck with the final stages this i feel can sometimes be the hardest part !!! once you've done everything you just have to wait and wait 23_50_1.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxmk788YYGB

Guest Libby1971

Hi

Nice to be introduced to some newbies, welcome to PIA!

We're a good bunch and will help out with advice if we can.

I think you should take a look at www.adelaidebound.com as I am almost certain there is a list of all the employment agencies in Adelaide. What occupations are you as we may be able to direct you more appropriately?

You will need to move quickly to have a look at schools as the school holidays start on 5th July. No-one will be available during the hols to show you around so see if you contact schools before you get here so you have the appointments arranged. If you can let us know which areas you are looking at, even if only vaguely, we can between the lot of us, come up with suggestions for schools to see.

Good luck

Libby

Guest Jamie & Mhairi

Thanks, My am currently employed as a Quality Engineer with Spirit Aerosystems ( formerly BAE Systems) , however, I am a Timeserved Diesel fitter and on my skilled Visa reads "Fitter".

Schools - We have booked 3 weeks stay in Seaford Rise and would like to look at schools Primary and Secondary in Seaford, WoodCroft , Largs Bay and any other areas you could recommend to us.

Does anyone know of good value car rentals, we are being quoted $40 -$50 per day, is this reasonable for Adelaide

Hi Jamie & Mhairi, welcome just like to introduce myself Moira, John & Robbie (14) - were from Ayrshire and hoping to be in Adelaide for the end of the year. We got together with a few other PIA's for a scottish meet in Livingstone in February and hope to organise another for April/May if this would be of interest to you.

Moira