Guest Kerry R

New to Hallett Cove

Guest Kerry R

Have just arrived in Hallett Cove with my husband and two kids (Daniel aged 8 and Katherine aged 5). My husband has already been working over here for a couple of months and is back to work on Monday leaving me to try and work out where everything is and how things work - slightly daunting. Would love to meet up with some other people nearby.

Kerry

:smile:

Guest Kerry R

Hi Jo

They are enrolled in Hallett Cove East primary - went to visit yesterday.

Hi Jo

That's where my eldest 2 go (ages 9 and 6). There are lots of new people to the area and you will meet lots of people in the playground. Don't be shy and make sure you introduce yourself, you'll be amazed how many others there have been the 'new person' too!

Guest Twinkle

Hi Kerry

I am happy to meet up, have an 8 year old daughter and in Hallett Cove.

Guest Kerry R

Hi Twinkle

That would be great. Maybe you could PM me with when would be good for you.

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

We've been in Australia nearly 6 wks and move to Hallett cove next wk, I am up for meeting for a coffee or you are welcome to come to ours - whereabouts are you in Hallett cove? We will be in Jupiter St.

Lisa

Hi Kerry

We have been in Hallett Cove since end of January and I also have a 9 and 5 year old at the East school. If you would like to get together for a coffee give me a shout!

Sarah

Guest Heather2011
    Hi Jo

My daughter goes there, would be interested to see what year your son will go in...my daughter is 8 and they have put her in Yr2/3...

When do they start?

Guest Kerry R

Hi Sarah

That sounds great - will PM you my number so we can arrange.

Kerry

Guest Kerry R

Hi Heather

Yes Dan is going into the Yr2/3 class as well. He is nine in a couple of weeks and has obviously just finished Y3 in the UK so slightly concerned by it. They said the numbers in the other classes were too big. They are both due to start at the start of term 4 but we might start them the week before the holidays (as I might have had enough by then!). i think the sooner they start to make friends the better. Maybe we coud meet up with the kids sometime so Dan could meet your daughter?

Kerry

Guest Heather2011
    Hi Heather

Yes Dan is going into the Yr2/3 class as well. He is nine in a couple of weeks and has obviously just finished Y3 in the UK so slightly concerned by it. They said the numbers in the other classes were too big. They are both due to start at the start of term 4 but we might start them the week before the holidays (as I might have had enough by then!). i think the sooner they start to make friends the better. Maybe we coud meet up with the kids sometime so Dan could meet your daughter?

Kerry

yeh that would be good...pm me your number and I will give you a call, where in the UK have you come from?

Guest Yvonne & Neil
    Have just arrived in Hallett Cove with my husband and two kids (Daniel aged 8 and Katherine aged 5). My husband has already been working over here for a couple of months and is back to work on Monday leaving me to try and work out where everything is and how things work - slightly daunting. Would love to meet up with some other people nearby.

Kerry

:smile:

Hi, I'm fairly new to Hallett cove. My husband's working I have lots of free time during the day. Would love to meet up with others nearby.

yvonne