browny

Tax Refund

Anyone else having delays on their tax refunds? We submitted on line 40 days ago and still nothing :arghh: Had an email to say they are processing it and to wait 30 days for refund but still nothing.

xx

We used a Tax agent for the first time this year, and we got our return in just under two weeks. Plus side is you can claim back the fee on your next tax return.

Generally speaking your refund comes through in 14 days. Sounds like you've been one of the unlucky ones who's having their tax returns looked at a little more closely! Doesn't mean you're under suspicion, I think they have to select a certain percentage to inspect in full.

Guest lyn

We did ours online and the money went into our account within 14 days - for each of us. Might be worth enquiring!

Guest JayandEm

Mine was submitted on 2 august and i am still waiting. I phoned them last Monday and was told as it had gone over 30 days it would be escalated and i should receive it within 14 days. They told me it was delayed because the last time the tax file number was used was 12 years ago when i came over on a working holiday visa. Oh received his money a week after submitting the return!