Scozzie

New Zealand removal companies???

Hi there,

Know its a bit of a long shot, but has anyone moved from NZ to OZ and transferred their household goods?? I had a few quotes today ranging from $8.5k to $6.5k for a 20ft container. Just seems a bit expensive, almost as much as I paid moving my stuff from Scotland to NZ.

Any recommendations would be great. :err:

Gill

Guest Mark&Pamela

Hi

We moved from Auckland to Perth in August 2004, used Trans International/Allied Pickfords. Can't remember the exact price, but know it was the best quote of the three that we got, and have to say, it was an excellent service door to door. The guys who packed up were very careful and courteous, worked non stop from the crack of dawn!

It only took five weeks to Perth, so I guess it would be shorter to Adelaide.

Best of luck anyway!

Hi Gill and Jamie

Would be interested to hear how you get on with this one as we are looking to move NZ to Adelaide towards the end of the year. Did one of your quotes come from Pickfords? I was going to contact them first. When we shifted stuff back to UK from NZ a few years ago (2003 - dont ask!) we used Grace and they were good but that cost about $4K even then. Are you shipping any animals - thats my next line of enquiry! Cheers

Cliff and Mariane

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. I have Allied coming out on Monday for a quote, can't remember what they quoted on the phone now. When I have them all I will let you know who we decide to go with but I think its gona cost around $7k for a 20ft container.

Yes Moggies2 we will be taking our wee cat with us, yet another thing I have to get organised. I have absolutely no idea how to go about that one, but Im sure theres a link on the immi website or else I'll search this forum for some advice. Everything seems so far off just now, cos we can't get our house sold here in Auckland, the housing market is awful, fingers crossed for this weekend?! Well I live in hope!!

Gill