Guest dondon75

Ship or buy on arrival?

Guest dondon75

Hi guys,

We have been doing some research on buying second hand in Adelaide on arrival and then ship boxes instead of using a shipment or a move cube?

However I kept having second thoughts about what to sell and what to bring and best money wise? Any advise much appreciated. We have not had any quotes to house yet!

We are not coming out till April 2013. We need to start selling our stuff.

Help?

I wouldnt sell too much.Almost everything is expensive here,compared to UK prices.Bring quality bedding and sheets if possible,and quality clothing.Best of luck,Sue.

Guest vikkiann

Bring everything! As said above things are expensive here with the exception of tv's, computers that sort of thing. To buy a decent dyson here will set you back over $500

Guest andylynnchriskirst

I'd agree with sueoc and vikkiann that it's probably best if you bring everything!

Although, we got rid of our fridge, washing machine, dryer (you won't need that here) etc.

We bought them all again when we got here and got some really good deals. Whether it was the time of year, or whether we got lucky with some good deals, I don't know! :smile:

But will definitely agree with sue, that bedding is very expensive!

We still went through EVERYTHING before we left, and got rid of stuff that was lingering in the attic, clutter, and obviously the things that you can't take.

Our vacum has just packed up and we are borrowing one at the mo,but from what you have all said would it be better to buy a new one here in the uk and bring with us,than wait till we are there?

Can you please let me know if double beds and kingsize beds are the same sizes in the UK? If we bring our double and kingsize duvets covers and but summer duvets in Oz will they fit?

Thanks

Sally

Can you please let me know if double beds and kingsize beds are the same sizes in the UK? If we bring our double and kingsize duvets covers and but summer duvets in Oz will they fit?

Thanks

Sally

They should do, but kingsize in the UK is the same as queensize here. The Aussie kingsize is bigger than the UK one.

Thank you Nik - I want to bring double and kingsize Uk sized bedding with me but we will probably bring our beds too, I will look into shipping prices now as we have 4 kids, it might be better for us to bring our existing beds and bedding

Thanks again for your reply

Sally