Sign in to follow this  
Guest Costa13

Accommodation Wanted

Guest Costa13

Hey!

My husband and I are arriving in adelaide towards the end of next month. I was checking apartments online. I found this site http://flatmates.com.au/home.html

Can somebody tell me how if they've used this site and how legitimate it is?

Also i'm looking for short term(preferably 2 months atleast until see the place) accommodation in Adelaide. A studio or a one bed will do(preferably furnished, but I know that's difficult) Anybody with any information, please let me know.

Tried contacting agents, but my experience is that nobody really gets back to you if you're outside Australia.

Edited by Diane

Hi Costa

I have changed the title of your post to show that it's accommodation wanted as opposed to accommodation available - I hope that's ok. I have also moved it to the general Renting and Real Estate section - there is an Accommodation Available section where people put up lease breaks and availability on short term rentals you might like to have a look at in case there is something suitable for you there. Other than that, there is a site Gumtree which might be worth a browse on http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-adelaide/l3006878 but obviously be wary of scams etc on there and similar sites where people ask for deposits up front and then the accommodation doesn't exist etc! You might be better going with a recommendation from here...

Guest Costa13

Hey Diane!

Its absolutely ok. Thanks for doing this. Was confused about where to post :confused:

Guest alec50

Another option you could try for temporary accommodation could be backpacker hostels, there are quite a few of those in the city. They are definitely reasonably priced.

Guest Costa13
    Another option you could try for temporary accommodation could be backpacker hostels, there are quite a few of those in the city. They are definitely reasonably priced.

Thanks alec50. Will check it out.