Guest Guest5035

To be a moderator

Guest Guest5035

Your thoughts on being a moderator on this site, what would you like to see? Would it be a person free of infractions from the past, one who never has had any infractions, fair and honest etc etc.

Stevo

consistency, ability to remain objective, not "jobsworth", time to devote to being around onsite, trustworthy, confidentiality, certain number of posts as a qualification requirement as well as perhaps a minimum time having been an active member. Ability to be "straight" without being rude.

Guest Guest5035
    consistency, ability to remain objective, not "jobsworth", time to devote to being around onsite, trustworthy, confidentiality, certain number of posts as a qualification requirement as well as perhaps a minimum time having been an active member. Ability to be "straight" without being rude.

i agree, but what if they have a shaded past and have gained infraction points for being against forum rules??

stevo

Guest Guest5035
    would depend on how serious the infraction was.

think it was a ban for a few days, along with a few points, just wondering how people on the site would react if he/she became a mod and people saw that the new mod had been a baddie!! Seems two faced to me..

stevo

So maybe to be a mod they would need be someone below a certain number of infraction points.....! After all theres been many discussion on here between many people in the past that im sure accrued points for things said in anger etc

who gives out the infraction points? Think it shows a predisposition to possibly needing to be careful, but depends doesn't it? We've all had our fingers burned on the internet, and if someone comes off worse with infraction points it shouldn't scar them for life, or write them off.

Personally I think mods should come from a variety of backgrounds, we need differing opinions. I don't think past infractions matter unless the person is a complete nutter :wink:

This is a well run Website IMO.Moderators don't cause the problems in the first place.Wish good ole Tyke would come back as a Mod.I didn't always agree with him,but i respected his stance on any issues that arose,always fair and level headed.Moderators deserve respect for the time they put in,and all the crap they have to deal with that few of us are privy to.

I doubt a person with repeated or continual ongoing infractions would be invited to become a mod. I don't see any problem if a member has had the odd infraction in the past. No one is perfect after all ;) If someone is decent, contributes to the community and the admin feel they are someone to consider, fair play I reckon.

Personally I think mods should come from a variety of backgrounds, we need differing opinions. I don't think past infractions matter unless the person is a complete nutter :wink:

I seem to remember you having past infractions or am I mistaken?? If so good thing your not a nutter!!:wacko::biggrin:

I seem to remember you having past infractions or am I mistaken?? If so good thing your not a nutter!!:wacko::biggrin:

Yes some nutter gave me one before I decided to join Rob as admin, I can't believe they are still on the forum, let alone a mod :tongue:

Damn!!!!

NWM

Guest Guest5035
    Yes some nutter gave me one before I decided to join Rob as admin, I can't believe they are still on the forum, let alone a mod :tongue:

Its 6.10am, thanks to this post, my freshly brewed coffee has just been spat out....Ktee...infractions.....goody two shoes....well tickle my tits till Tuesday....:biglaugh:

Stevo

Guest Guest5035
    Vote 1 for Steve !

Steve

Steve

Steve

thats 4 votes

stevo

Guest Guest75
    i agree, but what if they have a shaded past and have gained infraction points for being against forum rules??

stevo

That's it then................. hanging offense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh::biglaugh:

Seriously, nowt better than poacher turned gamekeeper.

I remember my past elsewhere.

Hey,I've packed up being a mod so does that mean I'm a poacher again ??????????????????????

Guest Guest75
    think it was a ban for a few days, along with a few points, just wondering how people on the site would react if he/she became a mod and people saw that the new mod had been a baddie!! Seems two faced to me..

stevo

I seem to remember "clearing things up" before I stepped down. Should be no record publicly.

Guest Guest75

Ermmm......no. I'll bite my tongue!!!

Is the infraction system still working anyway??

Ermmm......no. I'll bite my tongue!!!

Is the infraction system still working anyway??

Not sure would you like me to test it out on you :tongue:

Its 6.10am, thanks to this post, my freshly brewed coffee has just been spat out....Ktee...infractions.....goody two shoes....well tickle my tits till Tuesday....:biglaugh:

Stevo

Hey I am a goody two shoes, it was a so called friend having a laugh, I keep asking to receive a 10 point ban over on PIO but nobody will oblige

Guest Guest75
    Not sure would you like me to test it out on you :tongue:

I'm testing all the time.............:cute::cute:

Guest Guest5035
    I seem to remember "clearing things up" before I stepped down. Should be no record publicly.

have a nosy, you know where to look....tell me what you see..

stevo