Guest bubbe2005

Paying your rent

Guest bubbe2005

I am in Texas and we are currently renting and we pay the property management company by sending a cheque and/or money order in the mail. The apartment we were renting before had an ONLINE system where we can pay our rent online (so convenient).

Would you say many property management companies there in OZ offer the same thing?

Most people in Aus would pay their rent online. I own a property management company in the UK and we no longer accept any payment method except direct debit - everything else is far too expensive and also erratic.

NWM

I have never paid for rent via an online system here... always been direct debit on a set date by the agent. Never heard of anyone else doing this either!

I have never paid for rent via an online system here... always been direct debit on a set date by the agent. Never heard of anyone else doing this either!

Yeah - your right, It was too early when I posted and I confused 'online' with direct payment for some reason. - note to self, don't post on PIA before having a coffee!

NWM

I use BPay to pay my rent here, which you can do online. It's a bit like a standing order rather than a direct debit, where the rent payer initiates the payment rather than the payee as with the direct debit.

We pay the rent via online banking where you set up a regular transfer to the agents bank account - it is good as you are in control. However, beware LJ Hookers - you have to pay via their online realestate system and you get charged a quarterly fee for the privilege of using it!!

I've always paid my rent online, by bank transfer, and have been renting for 11 years. No probs at all, ever. Beware of 'direct debits', you can be charged bank charges for this facility.

We have never been charged any fees on direct debits in the near 5 years we have been here!! I would forget to pay if i had to go online and physically do it... mainly cos im crap with money!!