Adelaide Weather

Guest menatwork

Guest menatwork

Has anyone else found the weather in Adelaide to not quite be what they expected? Having been here for 3 years, I’ve noticed that the winters seem really long and can potentially start as early as April and last well into October. Yes you can get warm/hot April’s and October’s too, but they’re generally a bit mixed and have recently been quite cool. The winter though seems to go one for ever and I hear so many people say they have found it a lot colder than they expected (not that the cold bothers me). Then when summer finally does come, it doesn’t last all that long and the weather can easily rise to above 40degC in which case you shouldn’t really be outside as it is effectively dangerously hot! It’s also quite funny that Aussie’s think that Brits can’t handle the heat – although Aussie’s put on air conditioning as a matter of routine (even if it isn’t that hot) and Brits are much more tolerant of the warmer weather!

Ah....the Poms are only happy when they're talking about the weather! This is our first winter down here and yet our UK friends and relatives have obsessively commented about how warm the summer has been back in the UK! Even though they've had the wettest summer in 100 years and the temperature has barely reached 25 degrees! It doesn't matter where we are or what the weather is doing, us poms seem to have something to say about it!

Lyn x

To be honest I dont mind the weather at all.

Prior to the last winter the 2 previous one were probably the severest I have known, the Uk was a total blanket of snow for weeks on end.

I can't recall a bad weekend weather wise where we couldn't go out and do something, yes you get some heavy showers.

Its only early spring and temps expected around 19-23 for next week and I think the mercury on hit 40deg 3 times last year.

I will be glad when its a touch warmer and I can sneak the budgie smugglers on head down to the beach.