siem&noah

Flights Booked!!!

We have finally booked our flights for 17th October!! Leaving Heathrow via Singapore then onto Adelaide. Just trying to arrange our removals now. So excited although must say quite scared about leaving family behind but i'm sure it will all be worth it. :smile:

Guest dean berridge

Hi in the same boat we leave next week, was getting very nervous but sold the car friday and it was like a weight lifted off my shoulders? I suppose it was the last thing to sort, I finish work this wednesday having 5 days owed holiday and then on our way. I hope everything goes ok for you and good luck.:smile:

Hi Siem & Noah

Good luck with all your last minute plans. We flew the same route as you - are you stopping over in Singapore ? We ended up staying for 5 nights and it was a nice breather after all the emotional upheaval of leaving family etc. Leaving family is horrible and dont think anyone forgets those last goodbyes....but in my opinion, its all been worth it. We've been here 5 years now and dont regret a thing - loving it and so do our kids.

Enjoy the last few UK weeks and you'll be coming our to nice spring weather here - so that in itself will make all the difference

Sarahx

Hi Sarah

No we are not stopping over, just a 5 hour break at Singapore between the flights! Our furniture is getting packed up tomorrow and due out of the UK on 4th October. We have booked our leaving party which I know will be very emotional and I cant even think about the day we are flying out!! Like you say through hopefully it will all be worth it and yes, we have been keeping our eye on the weather and that will make all the difference!!

Thanks

Emma

x

quick tip - we have just done the same thing and had 6 hours in Singapore - head for the Ambassador Transit Lounge in the airport - costs 60 singapore each to get in and you get free internet, free food and soft drink and an amazing shower in your own little cubicle/room with fresh towels etc - well worth it for us