Guest rhodieboy

You can no longer extend a 475 Visa

Guest rhodieboy

I found out today that I am not able to extend my 475 visa via the 487 Visa this would have given me the time I need to have a route to PR

So I am at a loss, I wish I had know the rules had changed on the 1st of July I might have been able to stop the ball rolling and kept my Job in the UK, now I have come here I do not have a Job as yet and more worryingly if I do not find a company that will employ me and offer sponsorship I will have no choice but to leave Oz

If anyone has any Ideas I would appreciate hearing them

Thanks

Simon

Guest ali

When did you get the visa? When did you move to OZ? I was granted a 475 visa 13th March 2012 and will be moving to Adelaide this October. Does that mean that after the three years I won't be able to extend my visa for an additional year? Do I have to fulfill the PR requirements before my three years are up?! This doesn't sound too good.:huh:

Ali

I found out today that I am not able to extend my 475 visa via the 487 Visa this would have given me the time I need to have a route to PR

So I am at a loss, I wish I had know the rules had changed on the 1st of July I might have been able to stop the ball rolling and kept my Job in the UK, now I have come here I do not have a Job as yet and more worryingly if I do not find a company that will employ me and offer sponsorship I will have no choice but to leave Oz

If anyone has any Ideas I would appreciate hearing them

Thanks

Simon

May I suggest that you consult a RMA?