Guest danat

Is it possible to find a job before moving to Adelaide?

Guest danat

Hi all,

I have been awarded a provisional visa 475 recently, and i intent to move to Adelaide. Is it easy to find jobs before getting there ? i work in Human Resources field

And, how can i decide where to live in Adelaide?

Thanks

It is, but only a few manage it. Most people wait until they get over, employers are a bit more receptive to people in Oz - in fact some will not even consider those outside of Oz regardless of visa status. In terms of deciding where to live, research, research, research. It will only give you an idea of where to live, but you can investigate further when you get to Adelaide. You may find something you liked on the internet but turns out it is your idea of hell when you arrive. Keep an open mind and good luck.

It can be done maybe setup a few interviews before you come over state in your covering letter you are looking at moving over ASAP. In regards where to live depends on your age etc.

Hi all,

I have been awarded a provisional visa 475 recently, and i intent to move to Adelaide. Is it easy to find jobs before getting there ? i work in Human Resources field

And, how can i decide where to live in Adelaide?

Thanks

I suspect a Human Resources type role is likely to be located in the city so you might want to look at areas that are commutable to the city. Exactly how far out you should look will depend on how long you are prepared to commute for. The best way to find an area to live is to find a short term rental somewhere central and then when you get here have a good look round the suburbs. The best suburb for you will depend on whether you are looking for something family friendly, near the beach, near the hills, near shops or with lots going off.