Guest bubbe2005

Metro links in Adelaide

Guest bubbe2005

As I look on Google maps of Adelaide, i notice only the north and south have metro links, but none for east or west, why is that???:unsure:

And why avoid Elizabeth and Salisbury to live in???

Guest Guest5035

Firstly as its longer north/south than it is west/east, and if you look at the link you'll see there are through buses east/west. http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/routes/network-map

Secondly if you use the search engine on PIA you'll find plenty of previous topics on Elizabeth and Salisbury and other suburbs.

stevo

As I look on Google maps of Adelaide, i notice only the north and south have metro links, but none for east or west, why is that???:unsure:

And why avoid Elizabeth and Salisbury to live in???

By metro links do you mean train links? In Adelaide metro refers to the bus and train network and there are plenty of buses that service the eastern and western suburbs. In fact you can catch a bus from where I live in Rostrevor in the east right down to Henley Beach on the west coast. There is also a tram line from the city to Glenelg. The rail line only runs north and south because quite frankly the eastern and western suburbs are just not far enough away to need a full rail line (although a tram out this way would be nice).

The East has the O-Bahn which is fantastic.

Parts of Salisbury are extremely up market - my son has a friend in Salisbury Heights which is absolutely gorgeous and no-one in their right minds would call it rough. There are places throughout Adelaide's surrounds that you might prefer to avoid - Davoren Park and Smithfield in the north perhaps, part of Christies Beach, Hackham and Noarlunga in the south, parts of Taperoo in the West... Honestly, you need to have a look for yourself, but generally if a place looks suspiciously cheap on the realestate sites, then perhaps ask yourself why that might be?

The East has the O-Bahn which is fantastic.

The O-Bahn is more north east isn't it? I tend to think of east as being more the Burnside to Tranmere sort of area (with us at the very edge). The O-Bahn is fantasic for those in and around the areas it goes through though.

Yeh I guess it heads up to Golden Grove which is North East, but I always tend to think of Paradise as 'East' and that's easy enough to get to from most of the Eastern suburbs... My definition is East=south of Lower North East Road; North East= along North East Road!

Plenty of bus links east to west - I am moving to Lockleys in the next couple of weeks and will be using the many buses that go along Henley Beach road into the city.....you also have the tram service that goes from Glenelg - although that gets pretty busy during commute time from my experience this morning.