Process time for SA state nomination (for Visa Subclass 190)

Guest cnsaikrishna

Guest cnsaikrishna

Hi everyone,

I was a student in Adelaide for two years(currently living in Adelaide with Subclass 485 Visa), and my skills are assessed as Analyst Programmer. I achieved the IELTS requirement for SA nomination, and applied for the same on 17th of September. Can anyone who applied recently fill me with information regarding the process time it is taking to get a SA nomination?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Delta Tango

Hi

The SA website says it is processing applications from 17/07/2012 and the timescale is around 12 weeks. I put my application in 17/07/2012 and still waiting ... (not very) patiently!! :wink:

Guest The travelling brummie's

Does anyone think that the DIAC process times for a 190 would be faster for someone who HAS got state nomination as apposed to someone who hasnt and have just lodged a visa?

Do SS visa's receive priority?

Well, SS has priority over independent class. As per timelines at DIAC skillselect page 190 visa processing time is 6 months as compared to 12 months of 189.

Edited by oz2356
l

Guest Bashar79

Hi there.... I'm very new in this forum to write something although I've been reading the threads for the last few weeks. I've appointed an agent for my migration case which falls under Regional (family)Sponsorship (provisional) subclass 489 since I have a relative living in Adelaide as PR. The assessment from Vetassess has been completed & resulted positive within 1 month (31 August) but my agent had to wait for the hard copy of that result as they informed me. They have also informed me that EOI lodgement has been done for my case on 25 September & there is no need to get any SS since I'm not eligible for subclass 190. My total score is 65 if the points (10 points) for having relative in Adelaide is counted. My queries are:

1. What type of documentation should I have to submit now along with EOI lodgement & when?

2. Is there any other thread in this forum only for the applicants who are under same subclass like mine ?

3. Where can I find the results of Last EOI held on 15 September.

Please answer me if somebody knows...

BR

BASHAR

Guest bubbe2005
Does anyone think that the DIAC process times for a 190 would be faster for someone who HAS got state nomination as apposed to someone who hasnt and have just lodged a visa?

Do SS visa's receive priority?

well apparantly 4 weeks upon lodging the 190 with state sponsorship a CO is assigned. I read that if you do you medical checks and police checks in advance it might speed up the process of your visa being granted AFTER you get a CO assigned to your case.

Guest Delta Tango

Hi Nancy

Looks like we are in a similar boat, I still haven't heard anything and i'll be 11 weeks tomorrow!! I hate all this waiting ... very exciting too though! :smile:

What is your occupation, if you don't mind me asking?

Delta

Guest Dream Runner

I have filed my 190 SA SS application yesterday (2nd Oct)...

Now waiting for Medicals and PCC to be done....

Can someone please tell exact time in months to get PR once medicals and PCC and assignment of CO is done?

Guest waltzingmatilda
Hi

The SA website says it is processing applications from 17/07/2012 and the timescale is around 12 weeks. I put my application in 17/07/2012 and still waiting ... (not very) patiently!! :wink:

Hi Sorry to ask but have you heard anything yet?? The website still says its doing applications from 17/07/12 but has been saying that for 2 weeks now! If it takes 2/3 weeks for each day it'll be another 27 weeks until they do applications for 26/07/12, i'm like you i'm not waiting very patiently!! I'm checking the website every morning when I wake up and then checking all the forums to see if anyone has been given the news yet! :arghh:

Guest Delta Tango
Hi Sorry to ask but have you heard anything yet?? The website still says its doing applications from 17/07/12 but has been saying that for 2 weeks now! If it takes 2/3 weeks for each day it'll be another 27 weeks until they do applications for 26/07/12, i'm like you i'm not waiting very patiently!! I'm checking the website every morning when I wake up and then checking all the forums to see if anyone has been given the news yet! :arghh:

Hi

No worries (see, i'm getting into the lingo already) it's nice to chat with people in the same boat!! No I still haven't heard anything :sad:and I'm the same as you, first thing I do every morning is check my emails, infact I used to sleep soundly for a solid 8 hours a night but i now find myself waking up a few times to check my phone!! ... it's bordering on torture!! Whilst i'm waiting i've been trying to gather together information, which i think they may require for the visa application, so that if i'm fortunate enough to get nominated I will be fairly prepared. It also helps to know that i'm doing something constructive while I wait.

I will hit the 12 week mark on Tuesday and although i'm aware the 12 weeks are only a guideline I hope I hear by that time.

I have a couple of theories on the timescale thing, (these are just my personal thoughts, not based on any facts and I could be completely wrong!)

I think that applications, although loosly dealt with in date order, are also prioritised by occupation. This would mean that applications FROM 17/07/2012 (and beyond) are being processed and that the date on the website will not change until all applications sent on the 17/07/2012 are processed??

The other thing is that there was a period of about a week prior to 17/07/2012 where the SA website was down whilst they changed to the online application process. I was waiting with all the paperwork ready until it was up & running and I would imagine there were a lot of others in the same situation, so there were probably a big increase in the applications sent on that day which may be causing an initial delay in the system.

Hopefully it wont be too long for either of us, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :wubclub:

Guest waltzingmatilda

Yes Delta Tango I think your theory is right!!! (well I hope so because all of mine have ben wrong so far!! lol) Anyway good luck fingers crossed for Tuesday then!!

Guest Rich Paulson

Dealing with the SA government for sponsorship I was given SS 6 weeks after applying, and was assigned a Case Officer within 4 weeks of lodging my application. SS applications are 'priority 3' and they try to process them in 3-6 months... Apparently! I am still trying to get all of the extra paperwork my CO has asked for so my case may be slower than most...

Guest waltzingmatilda
Good news! Got my SA SS approved yesterday! 12 weeks on the nose! Seriously chuffed !! :-)

Congratulations, thats brilliant!! Well done! (I've been waiting for you to say that as it gives hope that they are sticking to their 12 weeks!! )

Guest Delta Tango
Congratulations, thats brilliant!! Well done! (I've been waiting for you to say that as it gives hope that they are sticking to their 12 weeks!! )

Thank you :wink:

Guest Delta Tango
congrats! you should be getting an invite soon!

Thank you :) The invite actually came through before I heard from SA! & i've sent away the visa application too!

Hi delta tango,

congrats to you, bye the way, what was your application number with SA, as mine is 12XX, i applied on 25th July, any input is appreciable. By the way I am from chennai, India. with 55 points applied for 190, whats yours?

Edited by suresh
change in visa option