Guest jones1541

Uk Learning Disability nurse.

Guest jones1541

Hi

I am a newly qualified Uk Degree Registered Nurse Learning Disability and i will be arriving Adalaide around Feb 2013. I have searched around for Disability nursing and found a few companies.

Does anyone know if there is work out there for me? Ill be part time to begin as my wife will be the main worker (also a nurse but General and a lot more experience).

Paul

hi Paul, Learning Dis is not a 'branch' of nursing here in SA, However I'd try places like Disability SA (Dept communities and social inclusion) also Minda, SCOSA, Cara. Have you registered with AHPRA? Might be worth giving them a call to see if you can register

Best of luck to you both

Guest jones1541

Thanks Maria. I will give AHPRA a ring tonight just to clarify things.

Guest lyndsey
    Hi

I am a newly qualified Uk Degree Registered Nurse Learning Disability and i will be arriving Adalaide around Feb 2013. I have searched around for Disability nursing and found a few companies.

Does anyone know if there is work out there for me? Ill be part time to begin as my wife will be the main worker (also a nurse but General and a lot more experience).

Paul

Hi Paul, how did you get on? I am a learning disability nurse looking to move to Adelaide, I know learning disability nursing isn't in high demand in Adelaide but developmental disability nursing is on the SA government list for state sponsorship? Any help/information would be much appreciated, I am very confused!. Thanks Lyndsey

Guest jones1541

Hi Lydsey

Ive joined an agancy and they said i can get work within one of the disability organisations as a support worker. Bedford group, Minda, Orana and scosa are 4 of them. I haven't sent off my registration yet so i don't know about getting registered as a nurse here? So until then im not very helpfull, sorry. I'll let you know as soon as i start the procces.