Guest yogi64

Who's doing what on the long weekend?

Guest yogi64

We're heading up to Arkaroola (Northern Flinders) and then moving around a bit, although we do have the whole week off, we've been there a few times but just love it up there (5 years since our first time), loads more of exploring to do.

Mike

My OH is working!

If the weather stays good...

I will have the grandkids. Likely staying local...taking the kids to the beach and jetty in Port Noarlunga and let them run wild on the wooden fort!

I also have an energetic Boxer and she will be down on the open beach in O Sullivans...also with the kids(and me!) trying to catch her!

Friends are going up the Great Ocean Road...sounds like a plan for next year!

Tamara

Moon Lantern festival in the city on Sunday, then off camping in the Flinders after the long weekend, ending up at Arkaroola.

Guest Guest75
    We're heading up to Arkaroola (Northern Flinders) and then moving around a bit, although we do have the whole week off, we've been there a few times but just love it up there (5 years since our first time), loads more of exploring to do.

Mike

Looks like you will get some cracking weather!!

I really want to get back up that way myself.

Is there a pub with accommodation in Arkaroola?? Mrs Tyke does not "do" camping.:swoon::swoon::biglaugh:

Guest yogi64

There's camping, cabins and back packers accommodation up there, the cabins are very nice, we stayed in the back packers the first time, basic but clean and nice and have also camped, there's something there for everyone, well worth doing the Ridge Top Tour, a bit pricey but worth it, we done it the last time we where there and we've booked it again this time.

Lots of nice tracks to do, with awesome scenery, fantastic wildlife and great people, well worth a trip out to Parachilna for there famous Feral Mixed Grill.

Mike

Looks like you will get some cracking weather!!

I really want to get back up that way myself.

Is there a pub with accommodation in Arkaroola?? Mrs Tyke does not "do" camping.:swoon::swoon::biglaugh:

As well as the campsite and cabins there is a range of motel style accommodation and also a couple of cottages. Arkaroola is a really magical place, has a bar and restaurant (pricey), a swimming pool, an observatory for star gazing, also they can take you up in a plane for a scenic flight. Its a 2 hour drive along a dirt road from Leigh Creek to get there, which makes it off the beaten track.

Edited by Anne B

Guest leeannekays

We are going to Kangaroo Island for the week on a self drive holiday. We can not wait!

Leeanne xxx