Guest Mark&Yvonne

Cost of rent

Guest Mark&Yvonne

Hi all

Just working out all the figures and was wondering if any utility bills are included in the rent? i.e if we are paying $350 per week are gas, electric, rates & insurance etc then payable separately? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Hi, your rent pays for the house and the council rates. All other bills i.e gas, electric, water, insurances are all extra that you have to pay. Sometimes you might find that water may be included but the best thing is to allow for is everything. Electric is very expensive, gas not too bad and water, depends on what you use. We are in a 5 bedroom at $480 a week. Electric and gas we allow $100 each per month. Water has worked out around $200 a quarter but we use quite a lot. Contents is however expensive you want to make it. If you can try and find a rental with solar it does help. We get quite a good rebate on ours.

Hi our water is included in our rent upto a certain amount. If we go over then we pay difference but this hasnt happened. Electricty is exspensive but i think everything is here.

Guest bubbe2005
    Hi, your rent pays for the house and the council rates. All other bills i.e gas, electric, water, insurances are all extra that you have to pay. Sometimes you might find that water may be included but the best thing is to allow for is everything. Electric is very expensive, gas not too bad and water, depends on what you use. We are in a 5 bedroom at $480 a week. Electric and gas we allow $100 each per month. Water has worked out around $200 a quarter but we use quite a lot. Contents is however expensive you want to make it. If you can try and find a rental with solar it does help. We get quite a good rebate on ours.

$200 for water PER QUARTER that is CHEAP!!

Electric and gas we allow $100 each per month..

We live in a small house with partial sola r- one third, but have electric heating and cooling together with gas hot water. We would usually spend at least $150 per month, more in the winter on gas and electric.

Guest bubbe2005

having solar panels depends on the owner of the house if they can afford to have it installed?

how expensive are they? and how common are homes with solar panels?