Kayaks

Fridge/freezer

Large sofa/setee

Outdoor furniture

Washing machine

Bar stools

Sofa bed

Paula

We are in the same boat as you and have a similar list. Maybe someone should set up a shop for emigrating Brits - I am sure we all need the same stuff. We needed loads of stuff to tide us over until our stuff arrives from the UK as we are moving out of our short-term and into a longer term rental in Port Willunga. Had a fun day trailing around Opshops, Myponga Market (which is a bit odd) and got up early to go to some Garage sales (advertised in the local paper and on Gumtree) the quality of stuff varied massively - from total tat to some excellent bargains. Got some really nice quirky stuff.

We got carseats pretty cheap from Big W... they were on special $120 for the pair.

I bought a Fisher and Paykel washing machine ($150) - 3 years old but has been in storage for 2- from Gumtree Adelaide.

I got outdoor table and 4 chairs from Gumtree for $100 - good quality stuff. Plenty of stuff out there nearly new... I have circumnavigated Adelaide though!

Can't help with a kayak but would like a cheap surfboard and wetsuit... if you see one on your search.

Good luck

Rich