Guest edenfieldpoms

Anyone done contractors licence?

Guest edenfieldpoms

Just wondered if anyone had done their builders/contractors licence recently?

i do plastering, wall & floor tiling, refitting of kitchens. I also do general building, we renovate houses here in uk and want to pursue that in oz.

if anyone has any tips for me that would be great, can I study on line?

Does anyone have any books that I can buy of them to study first over here, or know where I can get them?

thanks in adadvance will

Contracters licence can be done through Taffe,it takes about 50 hours alltogether,books are provided,really easy,can be done on evenings or weekends depending on campus you choose,check out there website,concession rates also apply so you can do it for cheaper.

There are two parts to the builders licence Its 6-7 years since I done mine then it was part 1 undertake financial planning part 2 was establish business and legal requirements.They give you a take home test to do you send it back in once finnished and they will phone you and ask some question to make sure you understand it.once you have done these courses and passed you then apply to OCBA for your licence, you tell them what type of work you want to carry out they will interveiw you and ask for proof ie trade papers courses you have done etc they will ask you questions on what you have said what type of work you want to carry out and they will tell you what they will give you a licence for. .I done it over two weekends at the masterbuilders who give you a discount if you join the master builders which is a bit of a waste of money the best thing is to apply for a CITB card and that will get you a good discount on the course.

Guest edenfieldpoms
    Contracters licence can be done through Taffe,it takes about 50 hours alltogether,books are provided,really easy,can be done on evenings or weekends depending on campus you choose,check out there website,concession rates also apply so you can do it for cheaper.

thanks for that, i have contacted tafe, 50 hours sounds good, when i looked n their site it said a year to do the course, i have emailed them but they didnt give me alot of info.

thanks

Guest edenfieldpoms
    There are two parts to the builders licence Its 6-7 years since I done mine then it was part 1 undertake financial planning part 2 was establish business and legal requirements.They give you a take home test to do you send it back in once finnished and they will phone you and ask some question to make sure you understand it.once you have done these courses and passed you then apply to OCBA for your licence, you tell them what type of work you want to carry out they will interveiw you and ask for proof ie trade papers courses you have done etc they will ask you questions on what you have said what type of work you want to carry out and they will tell you what they will give you a licence for. .I done it over two weekends at the masterbuilders who give you a discount if you join the master builders which is a bit of a waste of money the best thing is to apply for a CITB card and that will get you a good discount on the course.

thanks for that, some people say master builders are rubbish and it takes months. thanks

Guest edenfieldpoms

have you done the course recently?