Found: Samsung Galaxy Mobile Phone in Port Noarlunga

cormcvcr

My 14 year old son and his friend found a Samsung Galaxy phone yesterday in the Port Noarlunga area and very much want to return it to it's owner.

We are going to keep a hold of it over the weekend but if not collected by the owner then it will be handed into the Police, who have been notified just in case someone goes into the station and reports one missing.

So, if you can provide me with the colour of the phone, the screen saver image and the network/sim provider we will then be part of the way there to getting the phone back to the person it belongs to.

We have contacted the company who the sim card is through and unfortunately they have no details, otherwise it would have been easy.

The phone has a password lock on it as does the sim card, so if once you can provide the initial information, we can then see if you can give the codes and if so .... it's all yours .....I very much believe in Karma! So want to make sure that it goes to it's rightful owner and if it can't be done by me over the weekend, then it's up to the police.

If you have lost a phone or know of anybody who has give me a yell (PM) and see if we can help get them back together.

Well after almost 24 hours of having found this phone, we handed it into the Police station at Christies Beach whom we had notified yesterday that we had found it. We were hoping that the owner of the phone would have been phoning it frantically in the hope that someone would pick it up, but alas no, this was not the case.

There will be no reward either, (not that my son was looking for anything), as the police didn't even ask our details when we handed it in, they just said thanks and that was that. When we had phoned yesterday to say we had found it, they said they didn't need our details, they would just let anyone who enquired about any phones being handed in to try after the weekend and that would give us time to drop it in.

Obviously the system is different here, if anything was found in Scotland then we had to give our details just in case it was stolen, that way they had a report as to where, when and what time the item was found and also if it wasn't collected within a certain amount of time (think it was around 3/6 months) then you could collect it and do with it as you wished (dependent on the item of course!).

Ourselves and our sons friends parents have thanks enough to know that we have done the right thing by them and that they have developed into thoughtful and considerate young adults ...... might just have to treat them ourselves instead :)

That seems really mean to the lads - what if no-one claims it? Will the police officer get to keep it?? You should ring up in a week or so and ask if it has been claimed, and if not, ask for it back! Doesn't do much to encourage people to do the honest thing, does it? A friend of my son's (ex friend now) found an Iphone 4 in a car park, didn't even hand it in or advertise it as found, just got it reset and kept it for himself. I thought at the time that was not a very honest way to carry on (and knowing his father, I wasn't surprisedthat he had done this!), but I guess now I can see why they did it!

As someone whose daughter lost her iPhone earlier this year, and they are not covered on insurance policies (even thogh we had a "portable items" supplement!) - I can personally vouch for how very happy we'd have been had someone handed hers in! At over $700 a go, it's not a cheap item!

Err, when handing lost property to the Police they are supposed to give you a receipt and record your details. The benefit of this is that if no-one claims the item within a set period you can claim it and therefore it legally becomes your property.

They should not have just taken the phone and said "thanks".