Guest twinfamily

Poms moving over in April/May 2013?

Guest twinfamily

Hi all, Hope I'm posting this in the right place! Are there any poms moving in April /May next year - just wondered if anyone fancied comparing notes?It'll be hubby and I and 2 children making the big move next year!Would be great to find anyone in a similar boat!CheersJessica

Hi Jessica

Husband and I booked our flights last night which was exciting and terrifying all at the same time, clock is now officially ticking and we need to start organising ourselves and getting rid of things and so on - we are flying on 26th March but heading to Melbourne first for a friend's wedding before driving down the GOR to Adelaide.

Nice to hear someone else has the same timescales as us!

:smile:

So far we have notified our employers and close family/friends, I am now in the process of finding short term accomodation for us and starting to plan out stuff at home, book a venue for a leaving do etc.

Only the two of us so probably less for us to do than you with two children - where are you at with organising stuff?

Guest Caz&Al

Hi Jessica,

We are making the move to Adelaide in June. Have made the mother of all lists, starting de-cluttering the house and are waiting for the house to sell. If we haven't sold it by June we will have to look at renting it out but we're hoping that it will sell before we go. We are booking flights this month and have started looking at short term rentals for the first month. We have a little boy and little girl and, after talking about nothing else for the past 4 years, my little boy is always asking "are we going to Australia yet?" After planning the move for so long and after a reccie last year I feel really excited about the move but know that its going to be a rollercoaster of emotions for the next 8 months. Good luck with everything , Caroline

Guest Ameliee

Hello, hello! We plan to move to Adelaide next year. We planned May or June but now we have to postpone our project for a few months since we're expecting a baby in May. I lived in Adelaide before and I loved it! Now I'm in the States, Midwest, missing the sea big time since I'm of Mediterranen origin. We're still working on our Spousal Visa for my husband and his daughter.

Guest guest8040

Hi! We fly 17th April from Newcastle and boy can I sympathise with that booking the one way ticket feeling, me and my husband fought over who would have to press the confirm button (as in, both of us were too nervous to!). We're arriving with 2 boys aged 7 and 5 and no jobs. It's terribly daunting and exciting. We've had our house on the market for 4 months and are probably going to rent it out as I think if we get an offer it will be a lot lot less than the asking price so we're going to gamble, rent it and wait for the market to pick up. However that will leave us with a lot less money to land with so it ups the pressure a lot more! Got short term accomodation booked for 5 weeks, flights booked, shipping company coming to give us a quote tonight and then hundreds of other things to do. Neither of us can still quite believe it's happening...:wacko:

Hi! We fly 17th April from Newcastle and boy can I sympathise with that booking the one way ticket feeling, me and my husband fought over who would have to press the confirm button (as in, both of us were too nervous to!). We're arriving with 2 boys aged 7 and 5 and no jobs. It's terribly daunting and exciting. We've had our house on the market for 4 months and are probably going to rent it out as I think if we get an offer it will be a lot lot less than the asking price so we're going to gamble, rent it and wait for the market to pick up. However that will leave us with a lot less money to land with so it ups the pressure a lot more! Got short term accomodation booked for 5 weeks, flights booked, shipping company coming to give us a quote tonight and then hundreds of other things to do. Neither of us can still quite believe it's happening...:wacko:

YOu not gonna do you Reccie now then, sounds like you are moving straight over ? xx if there anything you want any advice on just private message us we used to live in Adelaide and will be moving back next year, you know that though cause I have messaged you previously x

Guest Jamie

Hi

we are looking to get over around March/April time 2013, our application has been in since 2009 and we've just been granted our 475 visa. Now we are looking to start getting things organised, looking at flights etc and still undecided what to do with the house? We went to the Down Under Live exhibition last weekend in London which was very informative, we need to get a list sorted and make our way through it. There is the 3 of us moving over, me, the wife and our 10 year old son.

good luck with everything

Jamie

Guest MandiMR2

Hi all, I'm a forum newbie, so still figuring it all out! just been reading all your posts, how are you all getting on with your plans? any tips/recommendations about shipping, short term rentals?

I'm a nurse, currently living & working in Lincoln. I've been granted my permanent visa & can't wait to move to Adelaide later this year with my partner. We're just finishing renovating our property ready to rent out, then we'll make a start with the move. I'm so excited!!!!!

Hi all, I'm a forum newbie, so still figuring it all out! just been reading all your posts, how are you all getting on with your plans? any tips/recommendations about shipping, short term rentals?

I'm a nurse, currently living & working in Lincoln. I've been granted my permanent visa & can't wait to move to Adelaide later this year with my partner. We're just finishing renovating our property ready to rent out, then we'll make a start with the move. I'm so excited!!!!!

Hi Hun happy to chat to you on private message if you want to contact me, its all a nightmare isn't it where in Adelaide you going too?? would be good to have some other contacts :huh: