Guest Shandalina

Highbury area - North East Adelaide

Guest Shandalina

Hi everyone,

Could you advise what the area of Highbury is like to live in ? I have two children 4 and 8 , my husband and I are in our early 40's and would like some feedback on the immediate community,whats on offer around this area , sports facilities for children ,and any recommended good primary schools.

Many thanks in advance.

It's great we really like it. There are sports facilities in most suburbs I should think. The Highbury primary school has a good reputation.

I don't know Highbury that well but we've driven through it a few times and it looks like a really nice place. A bit hilly in places but green. We ruled it out as a place to live as it wasn't in the zones for the senior schools we wanted our kids to go to and we can't afford private. For schools check out the myschool website. This will list the schools in and around the area and provide links to the school websites. You can get quite a feel for the school by looking at the website and reading any newsletters and things on there. Also try and find the context statement on the website as this gives quite an insite into the school and is the nearest thing to an ofstead report.

Edited by NicF

To give you an idea, I moved here (Highbury) 8 years ago, moved house 3 months ago, we like the area so much we moved all of 200m round the corner!

I cant fault the place.

Guest Guest5035
    To give you an idea, I moved here (Highbury) 8 years ago, moved house 3 months ago, we like the area so much we moved all of 200m round the corner!

I cant fault the place.

Is that nearer to Diane??

Stevo