Sign in to follow this  
Guest bubbe2005

Door to port

Guest bubbe2005

Has anyone ever shipped their belongs from door to port..... if when delivered at port, would it be port adelaide (collection site)?

and what would be the process.....

you get a call to say that the container has arrived at the dock, you go there with a truck and you sign papers and get your belongs from container into the truck?

Hi

We shipped one box via a door to port service with Voovit.com. We were already here so had rellies in the uk prep the box for us. Voovit gave us all the instructions we needed although some where not that clear and got a bit confusing. You have to fill out 3-5 copies of what you are shipping and what it is worth. This was some months ago now so my memory is a little sketchy. Voovit advised us what ship it was to go on and an ETA. They then pass on your details and responsibility of the shipment to a company here in Aus, they were in Sydney. They sent me copies of the waybill which again we needed multiple copies of and a document/form for importing personal effects. On or before the day of arrival I had to take all the paper work to the customs office at port Adelaide which they entered into their system ( they were not too happy as I got there 10 minutes before clocking off time haha), my goods were being stored in a warehouse at Allsons transport in wingfield. Once I'd been to customs I had to go to AQIS at Adelaide airport to see if they wanted to inspect the box, they didn't and signed off the papers. At this point it was fine for me to go collect our stuff between the times they were open but we had no car. Allsons informed me they don't deliver to residential addresses but I got them to deliver to my work address. They will also only store your things for 2 days and then they start charging storage fees.

All in all it was a bit of a faf and I'm glad we didn't do our main shipment this way having said that it can be done with a bit of organisation.

Guest bubbe2005
    Hi

We shipped one box via a door to port service with Voovit.com. We were already here so had rellies in the uk prep the box for us. Voovit gave us all the instructions we needed although some where not that clear and got a bit confusing. You have to fill out 3-5 copies of what you are shipping and what it is worth. This was some months ago now so my memory is a little sketchy. Voovit advised us what ship it was to go on and an ETA. They then pass on your details and responsibility of the shipment to a company here in Aus, they were in Sydney. They sent me copies of the waybill which again we needed multiple copies of and a document/form for importing personal effects. On or before the day of arrival I had to take all the paper work to the customs office at port Adelaide which they entered into their system ( they were not too happy as I got there 10 minutes before clocking off time haha), my goods were being stored in a warehouse at Allsons transport in wingfield. Once I'd been to customs I had to go to AQIS at Adelaide airport to see if they wanted to inspect the box, they didn't and signed off the papers. At this point it was fine for me to go collect our stuff between the times they were open but we had no car. Allsons informed me they don't deliver to residential addresses but I got them to deliver to my work address. They will also only store your things for 2 days and then they start charging storage fees.

All in all it was a bit of a faf and I'm glad we didn't do our main shipment this way having said that it can be done with a bit of organisation.

thanks, that helped me understand the process a bit more.