Sign in to follow this  
Guest trish

anyone living in the Barossa

Guest trish

:D Hi we arrived here in Adelaide 8 weeks ago and are now living in the Barossa region really lovely but sadly "Billy no mates" our daughter is at the local primary school aged 11 (going on 20)

We still dont have any jobs, and the days are very tedious anyone about here???

Guest alibongo

Hi Trish,

Lucky you being in Barossa valley. I visited there in Dec 2006 beautiful area but I guess it is a bit out of the way..I'm sure once you find jobs and your daughter finds friends you will find it easier to settle..

Hope it all goes well for you and your family.

I'm hoping to be out in Adelaide nothern suburbs in June/July

Take care

Ali

Guest philnjulie
    :D Hi we arrived here in Adelaide 8 weeks ago and are now living in the Barossa region really lovely but sadly "Billy no mates" our daughter is at the local primary school aged 11 (going on 20)

We still dont have any jobs, and the days are very tedious anyone about here???

HI THERE,

WHERE ABOUTS IN THE BAROSSA, WE USED TO LIVE IN NURIOOTPA AND HAD FAMILY CLOSE BY (SISTER HAS LIVED THERE FOR 20YRS) BUT AM AFRAID WE FOUND OURSELVES VERY ISOLATED REALLY CLICKY AND WIFE DROVE TO ADELAIDE FOR HER JOB MOST DAYS AGREE IS A VERY NICE AREA BUT FOR US NOT RIGHT, MOVED TO MAWSON LAKES 2 MTHS AGO LOVING IT ONCE TOWNIES ALWAYS TOWNIES FEEL FREE TO PM IF AROUND THIS AREA KETTLES ALWAYS ON IF YOU NEED ANY FURTHER INFO DONT HESITATE PHIL

Guest trish

Hi Phil & Julie,

Kev & I have just cracked up laughing yes we are in the clicky Nuriootpa! We have left a village in Hertfordshire I was there 21yrs and had only just started to become an offical villigee as you say, Once a country girl always a country girl, thanks so much for replying may give you a pm to put the kettle on when we are down that way

Thanks once again

Trish Kev & Amy

Guest trish

Hi Ali

Let me know when you get here good luck!

Cheers for the reply

Trish Kevin & Amy

Guest mrs pixie

Hi there , just seen your post we are in Forreston in the adelaide hills been here for about the same time as yourself , it is difficult to meet people when you first arrive luckily we are staying with friends while we have a place built , but i know how you feel . Hubby working but i'm still looking just so i can get out and meet people , look forward to hearing how you get on its still early days for us all , if you are out this way let me know Jo & Paul

Guest bming

How is life in Nuriootpa? Would it be OK for a couple of 50 something retirees? Have you made many friends