NicF

Best beaches for waves?

Sorry if it's been asked a thousand times but where are the best beaches for waves? Horseshoe bay down near Victo harbour was always a favourite but we want somewhere a bit closer. We've been to Moana before now, which is great, but the OH is wanting to try somewhere different. Anyone got any recommendations? It has to be somewhere with the potential to have waves as the kids want to go body boarding.

Thanks

Nicola

Guest AngPhil

We want to go body boarding tomorrow and Moana was like a lake today, so I'll be really interested in the replies to this.

Guest Guest75

Doh!! That tired I never read your original message and suggested Horseshoe Bay:wacko:

Loooooong fishing trip today.

Have a look through this surfing site, I use it for the wind forecast..

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/noarlunga

Edited by Guest75

Guest smit

The nearest beach for potential waves is Southport and then Moana. Middleton and Goolwa after that.There still has to be a swell tho to get waves. Google swellnet or surf south oz for surf forecasts. And dont forget if it says 1ft , that isnt a 1 ft wave as such its neasured in a different way...bigger!

You can try Blowhole beach

You will need a 4x4, which is more to do with getting over the concreted rocks they have put in to stop normal cars going down. I've only been once but the waves were superb, not for beginners.

Cooler