Guest ali

Menswear?

Guest ali

Hi everyone,

I'm sure that this is not an all important query but unfortunately I'm flying with Qatar Airways and Malaysia Airlines and even though I have made sure that they understand the fact that I'm emigrating to Australia the baggage allowance hasn't change and I can only carry 27 KG's. I will be leaving behind a lot of my clothes and belongings.

I was wondering where everyone shops for menswear: suits, pants, shirts, ties, etc,. And what the price range is.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,:smile:

Ali

Guest Guest5035

I was wondering where everyone shops for menswear: suits, pants, shirts, ties, etc,. And what the price range is.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,:smile:

Ali

today in Myers all the above were 40% + off, prices do vary depending on your taste. But you only need the above if thats the required dress. Normally very casual is the norm, unless you want to look like a pov. There are heaps of clothes shops around and prices vary aswell, in Myers today i bought casual shoes were $139 original, reduced to $79 then 75% off that, plus another pair $30 less 75%, you'll be right.

Stevo

Guest ali
    today in Myers all the above were 40% + off, prices do vary depending on your taste. But you only need the above if thats the required dress. Normally very casual is the norm, unless you want to look like a pov. There are heaps of clothes shops around and prices vary aswell, in Myers today i bought casual shoes were $139 original, reduced to $79 then 75% off that, plus another pair $30 less 75%, you'll be right.

Stevo

Thanks Stevo:smile: So if casual is the norm when do people wear formal clothing at work? Casual suits me just fine though:smile:

Cheers mate,:smile:

Ali

Guest Guest5035
    Thanks Stevo:smile: So if casual is the norm when do people wear formal clothing at work? Casual suits me just fine though:smile:

Cheers mate,:smile:

Ali

thinking perhaps office boss/lawyers that type??

stevo

Guest ali
    thinking perhaps office boss/lawyers that type??

stevo

Maybe not at first Stevo as I will be fairly unknown to employers. I will be working some casual/part time jobs for a couple of months to show my face and talents to potential employers. I gather I will be working in an office or a hotel or a restaurant then so I should dress more in a formal fashion.:smile:

So I wear smart suits for work being a construction project manager....it's expected. So should I not bother bringing them over or buying new?

Lots of places supply some sort of uniform as well, or logo-ed polo shirts or whatever. OH does his clothes shopping in Myer mostly for work stuff...as Stevo says, they frequently have serious sales so that's always a good time to stock up. Very few occasions here where you'd wear a tie - top level meetings I guess or interviews is about it.

As fas as I remember only Malaysian, Cathay Pacific and Singapore offered the double baggage allowance so Qatar is probably where it all falls over.

Guest ali
    Lots of places supply some sort of uniform as well, or logo-ed polo shirts or whatever. OH does his clothes shopping in Myer mostly for work stuff...as Stevo says, they frequently have serious sales so that's always a good time to stock up. Very few occasions here where you'd wear a tie - top level meetings I guess or interviews is about it.

I looked at the website Diane. Yes, I think it is a good place to shop for clothes as well. And the sales you and Stevo have mentioned make it all the better:biggrin: I guess the office environment is a bit more relaxed then in OZ:smile:

Guest ali
    As fas as I remember only Malaysian, Cathay Pacific and Singapore offered the double baggage allowance so Qatar is probably where it all falls over.

You are probably right:smile: