Guest boesman

HOlden JAckaroo info

Guest boesman

Not sure where to post this so will give it a go here. I just want some info on Holden Jackaroos. I have noticed that they haven't made new ones since 2003/4. If you buy one that is a 1999-2002, will parts be more expensive of difficult to get? BAsically, should we steer clear of these cars and rather go for a Pajero/ landcruiser or would a Jackaroo still be economical to drive? They don't seem to be as dear as the pajeros and the landcruisers.

Any advice or info would be great! Thanks!

Holden did not make the jackaroo it was brought in from Isuzu and badged as a holden just like a lot of cars they badge, the barina and viva are a Daewoo They were trying to compete with the pajero when they brought it in Its an ok car as far as I know a friend has one and has never said that anything was wrong with it and he has had it a good ten years.

Hi,

I used to work at an Isuzu dealer when this was a current model (Trooper). If it is the 3.0 Turbo Diesel, avoid at all costs, there was a major problem with this engine, most were replaced while the vehicle was under warranty, but this one may or may not have been. If it is the 3.5 petrol engine, then ignore all of my comments above as overall they are a very good vehicle. A bit thirsty though.

Ian

Guest boesman
    Hi,

I used to work at an Isuzu dealer when this was a current model (Trooper). If it is the 3.0 Turbo Diesel, avoid at all costs, there was a major problem with this engine, most were replaced while the vehicle was under warranty, but this one may or may not have been. If it is the 3.5 petrol engine, then ignore all of my comments above as overall they are a very good vehicle. A bit thirsty though.

Ian

Thanks! Was looking at the 3 l turbo diesels, but will stay clear of them then!! What a life saver!

Guest pitrat

Hi, I have a 3.1td Vauxhall Monterey which is also a rebadged Isuzu Trooper, these are the ones to get! I get just over 30 mpg in mine and pulls better than anything we ever had, we use it for fishing boat and horse trailers, mines a 1998 and would love to bring it over to Australia when we come over but the ship beast would cost more than it worth! As Ian says stay away from 3.0ltr my uncle had one and it was an auto, the engine ran away on him while towing a caravan and it revved until engine blew!

Steve