TheMellorFamily

Need to find some temp work

Hi,

I wondered if anybody could help. I arrived in Adelaide last week alone (family still in the UK selling up). My plan is to secure a job and get our new life set up ready for my wife and 2 children to join me soon.

Whilst I am job seeking, I need to find temporary work.

Can anybody help - any kind of work is welcome .... I'm hardworking and dependable.

Cheers!

Hi

Have you signed up with any agencies? That would be my first port of call in your situation - also what is it you are looking for? Office work? A particular sector?

Hi... thanks for the advice. I've signed with agencies for permanent work but need something in the meantime for a 'living' wage. Sales is my profession but I'm willing to consider any type of temp work at the mo.

Unfortunately you are competing with students who are looking for work in their Christmas break, and the work scene generally is much quieter than normal...all you can do is put some legwork in, go into places that might employ you, hand in your resume, and ask everywhere!

Thanks for the advice. I am seeking FT work in my experienced industry of insurance. However, the casual employment is mainly for living expenses so that I am not dipping into our living funds for when my family join me.

I'm finding seeking temporary work difficult .. as like Diane says, I'm maybe competing with the seasonal workers.

If anybody can help with the offer of work for me, I'd be grateful - any type would be good

Thanks.