Guest Westies

Extension plans Draftsman required?

Guest Westies

Hi

We have recently bought our first house here in Oz and would like to add an extension.

We just needs some plans drawn up to get through council. We have had an architect visit but he was too 'Grand designs' and basically insisted that we rebuild the back of the house to his spec whilst insulting us in the process:arghh:

Can anyone recommend a draftsman? we know that there are the 'one stop shop' building firms that do everything from design to build but we have the tradies sorted and just need a corner added that the council will be happy with

Fingers crossed:biggrin:

If you need help I can draw some plans up for you and assist with planning and building rules approval. Revit or Autocad.

Hi

We have recently bought our first house here in Oz and would like to add an extension.

We just needs some plans drawn up to get through council. We have had an architect visit but he was too 'Grand designs' and basically insisted that we rebuild the back of the house to his spec whilst insulting us in the process:arghh:

Can anyone recommend a draftsman? we know that there are the 'one stop shop' building firms that do everything from design to build but we have the tradies sorted and just need a corner added that the council will be happy with

Fingers crossed:biggrin:

Who are the 'one stop shop's? I am wanting to get a quote for a 'whole job' to see whether it is worthwhile doing so if anyone knows any good ones it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Catherine

Well you can either go to an architect or a building designer. Both are 'one stop shops' and will give you a complete service.

You'll pay quite a bit more for an architect, but it doesn't mean you'll necessarily get a better design. If you know what you want you can save quite a bit by getting someone to draw up your own design, but they will need enough knowledge of the BCA and Aus standards to get building rules approval. I'd say its easy but I do it every day.