Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kiki

Hints and Tips Please

Guest Kiki

Hi guys

We are flying to Adelaide on 23/3 with 2 kids 3 and 7 years. Any tips on keeping them entertained. Its a night flight (well the 1st leg) we are flying Newcastle - Heathrow - Melbourne -Adelaide so expect to be knackered.

What can you take on the plane in the way of snacks its a long journey without their food rather than plane food. Can we take food on the plan?? Im having a metal block with this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kimberley x:notworthy:

Guest Libby1971

Hi Kiki

I would phone the airline and see what their advice is. Also phone Heathrow offices who will govern what can and what can't go through. I think in the case of small children you may be okay but don't know if there are still any restrictrions on what can be taken through.

I think food is okay. We topped up at each airport with snacks etc and fruit. Cost a bomb but worth it. The kids were served pasta which looked just like stodge so just as well they slept most of it.

When it comes to getting to Oz, just make sure you declare it. Fruit will be confiscated, anything with seeds basically, but they are fine.

We bought my youngest small puzzle books, travel games, jigsaws, colouring books etc and gave her something different for each leg. So she didn't get it all at once. That being said she watched cartoons briefly but slept almost all of it.

Guest louiesmum

Hi

When we flew we did night flights, then took new little toys wrapped upso that could be opened at intervals, colouring books,stickle bricks, puzzles etc & with the tv programs & games both mine were very good I have to say

Guest graandjac

;)Hi Kiki , not sure who your are flying with but when we flew with Singapore Airlines the entertainment on the flight was great, about 50 films to choose from , music channels, kids programms , even the remote (1 each) in your seat doubled up as a games controller for the kids so in between films , eating the 3 meals, drinks and sleeping the flights were nowhere near as bad as we thought it was going to be . Good luck ,Cheers Graham.