Gyms, health clubs and spin classes (RPM)

Guest Mark&Pamela

Guest Mark&Pamela

Does anyone know of any good gyms/health clubs in the southern suburbs that they can recommend?

We particularly like doing spin/RPM classes - are they popular out there?

Thanks for your replies.

Mark

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya,

Funnily enough I was surfing for the same thing this morning!

I am currently a member of Total Fitness here in the UK and am keen to join something pretty pronto when we arrive so I don't end up sunbathing all day.

Have a look at this link I found - they appear to have vouchers so you can have a trial first.

http://www.goodgymguide.com.au/health_clubs_australia_gyms/sa_fitness_centres_south_australia_gyms/adelaide_gyms.htm

Hope that works ok!

• 2 years later...
Guest steveandshell

:v_SPIN:

Does anyone know of any good gyms/health clubs in the southern suburbs that they can recommend?

We particularly like doing spin/RPM classes - are they popular out there?

Thanks for your replies.

Mark

Hi Mark

I am from the uk and now working for Impact health and fitness Fantastic gym loads classes spin rpm zumba step squash ,and heaps more so if you would like a free day there i can sort that for you if you would like to try it out.

We are based at christies beach. please message me if you want any questions answering.

Thanks Shell x

Guest steveandshell

Hi Richard

I am from the uk and been here 10 months now and i work for a fantastic gym called Impact loads of classes and we have a massive cardio rm and weights room squash courts. If you want a free day to try , I can arrange that for you just message me thanks shell x

Guest pauljoinoz

There is a new gym called Genesis just opened in Noarlunga they do all the Les Mills classes.

Really lovely gym $19 a week all in!

They do have a website but not sure of it maybe try & Google it

Thanks

Jo

Guest pompep

I love RPM - I'm in the western burbs but the standard varies hugely. Some want to blab on about what they're doing at the weekend throughout the class - and then tell you to change position after the beat has changed (argghh!!) but others have got the choreography spot on - and everyone knows exactly what they're doing. There's one instructor here who's been doing it for years and people queue outside the gym at 6am to get a good bike!

There's been some talk of changing the music (we use Les Mills) from tunes we've heard of to cover bands - that thought makes my stomach churn! Something to do with copyright protection - I'll bet someone else knows what that means in more detail. I know Fitness First have been fighting it.

Hope you find a good class guys.

Guest DanandJanna

Hi Mark and Pamela, we go to classes run by a group called Step into Life in Brighton which is in the South, its a franchise so there are groups all around Adelaide. The classes are held outdoors so not the gym you were asking about but its quite different to anything we did in uk so maybe worth a look. Classes are held at all times and include toning, cardio and boxing as well as others such as 'power flex' but I'm not sure what that is! We like it as it is outdoors and its like having at personal trainer but in a small group and for us is cheaper than a gym membership. Theres also a social side which is optional, every other wednesday is pub night after the class and theres a cinema night once a month as well as events with other franchises. Anyway I'm sure you will find more info online. I should be on a commission! :)

• 1 year later...
Guest loopylisa

Hi Im not sure if it is south enough but the new SA swimming centre in Marion has a fitness centre with classes, a gym AND a pool all under one roof. It opened July. Im hoping to get Mr Loopy to agree to become a member with me when I get back Sept. He's been eating too many cakes :eek:

Guest MattfromNZ

Hi!

If anyone is looking for a gym near Elizabeth, I have just started managing a huge brand new Genesis Gym in the Elizabeth Town Center. Its 2400m2 and has all the latest gear and a huge amount of group exercise classes including RPM. If anyone is interested, just PM me and I can give you a free week trial and sort you out with a good deal if you are keen. Cheers!