Growler

Train Journey from Port Noarlunga to Adelaide CBD

Hi i have searched through the previous threads on here looking to get a train service that will get me to Adelaide city before 8,45am of a morning. Previous posts say half an hour would be roughly the time on the train but when im doing it (not sure what website i should be on sorry) Im getting a journey of about 50 or so minutes and i want to see what times the trains depart the city for port noarlunga but cant seem to find where to look...Can anyone help? many thanks x

Guest vikkiann

Maybe there is a difference in travelling time if its the slower train that stops at all stations

See http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/assets/uploads/Tonsley-Substitute-Timetable_20120302-.pdf for the train times.

Also the bus service is surprisingly efficient. Look at one of the express 721 services from Noarlunga Station.

http://timetables.adelaidemetro.com.au/ttsearch.php?action=search&searchtext=T721&js=1

Edited by sidestep

Guest Guest75

It'll take about 8 months............ the track is closed for repairs for about

that time!

My wife makes this journey I think it takes her between 40-50 min.

Also the express does it a fair bit quicker.

It does shut down for repairs shortly but as far as I am aware they have arranged buses to ferry people to the city.

Guest Shanners

Hi there,

The express train (no stops) takes about 40 minutes (7.17 & 7.39 from Noarlunga) and is very reliable.

However as previous posters have noted the Noarlunga line is closed from Jan to Sept next year so buses are being arranged to take commuters into the CBD. I think that these will be alot less reliable and take longer. I'm not looking forward to it but hopefully it should result in a better commute once the upgrade has been completed.

Cheers

Chris