Diane

More bad news for manufacturing...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/sa-business-journal/employees-at-woodville-automotive-parts-company-aiautomotive-stood-down-without-pay-jobs-at-risk/story-e6fredel-1226508146896

My OH had an interview at this company a few years ago, and they messed him about and kept him hanging on for weeks and weeks - Bloody glad now he didn't end up working there!

Very sad for those that did though.

D

Guest ali

I smell mismanagement! And the fact that Autodom is such a major supplier to these three manufacturers makes it worse.

Sad about those that have lost their jobs.

Guest Chris_J

Stinks of holding them to ransom to me and maybe a little greed too.

Guest moonraker1959

Really sorry to hear that news Diane.My BIL works in the automotive business and I hope he manages to keep his job.Hope those who have lost theirs manage to find new employment.Not a good time of the year to be out of work tbh.

Guest Guest5035

A few months ago Holden and Ford were given "bailouts" by the Federal Goverment, now the JIT places require their share of the pie.

Stevo

Really sorry to hear that news Diane.My BIL works in the automotive business and I hope he manages to keep his job.Hope those who have lost theirs manage to find new employment.Not a good time of the year to be out of work tbh.

Luckily OH got out of manufacturing a few years ago, after 30 years, and didn't ever work at this place.... I am sure there will be some sort of bail out though; as Chris says above, sounds like a bit of holding the car companies to ransom

Where I work, we are looking at redundancies in the next couple of years when a contract runs out, and we're also looking at pushing some business into Thailand. We're just too expensive with the exchange rate as it is.

Yet the British car manufacturers cannot keep up with demand and are working all hours.

Guest Guest5035

all to do with the cost of producing here, wages etc etc etc

stevo

and successive governments cutting the tariffs on imported vehicles ............. remember back in the 90's Stevo, how rare it was to see a European or Japanese car, let alone something manufactured in Korea?