Guest Guest5035

another UK Immigration push

Guest Guest5035

looks like a new push for UK immigrants is on the way

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/escape-uk-gloom-for-a-bright-start-immigration-campaign-urges/story-e6frea83-1226509479454

Do we really need skilled migrants in SA, some already here can't get a job and things don't look to good in some areas does it, the beach and weather might be enticing, but bills still have to be paid.

Stevo

I would love to find out what the skills shortage are as there is not a lot of work about look at the job section in the paper never seen it so small and half of it are adverts and not for jobs.

The continuing push from the SA Govt towards turning SA into a "big state". Never mind the job market, never mind the lack of infrastructure, never mind the water restrictions in summer.

I think the trouble with these campaigns is like Stevo says the bills still have to be paid and I think it can give people the wrong impression of life over here. You have to ask yourself why more people than ever are returning to the UK, the dream is not always the reality.

My partner is out of work at the moment and has been for about 3 months, the job market is definitely on a slow down and the recruitment agencies she has seen are all saying the same, they say this is the worst they have seen things for a few years. There will be skills that are still in demand, but not all skills and just because people are on a skills list does not mean they are going to walk into a job when they get here.

They also always start these campaigns in the UK winter when people are fed up and sick of the bad weather. It's the same with Wanted Down Under they always show that just after Christmas from memory no doubt for the same reasons.

Edited by Mr Technical

I agree,job hunting is very difficult, they have to paint the true picture of situation here to those wanting to come out so they'll know what to expect...