Sign in to follow this  
Guest WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace

What if you cant get work.....

Guest WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace

Hi again

My other half is a carpenter and therefore looking to get a job as soon as we get to Adelaide if not before we arrive since we will have a baby and a very tight budget.

Anyway, he is worried that he might not be able to find work as a carpenter straight away and is wondering if he can just get any old job for a while (he has experience in insurance/sales/retail etc from when he was at university but went back to joinery so we can emigrate)?

Just wondering if anyone can advise and sorry if it is a stupid question but everything is just running through our heads at the moment!!! Mainly money worries of course!!!

:arghh:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

If you arrive on a permanent visa you can do what ever you want,

Guzzler

Guest PEZ
    Hi again

My other half is a carpenter and therefore looking to get a job as soon as we get to Adelaide if not before we arrive since we will have a baby and a very tight budget.

Anyway, he is worried that he might not be able to find work as a carpenter straight away and is wondering if he can just get any old job for a while (he has experience in insurance/sales/retail etc from when he was at university but went back to joinery so we can emigrate)?

Just wondering if anyone can advise and sorry if it is a stupid question but everything is just running through our heads at the moment!!! Mainly money worries of course!!!

:arghh:

We are hoping to come to OZ on a SIR 475 visa i have passed TRA but when i get to Adelaide i have to basicly live in South Australia for 2 years and work for at least 1 year in any trade on the sol list.