Second week in Adelaide from Devon UK

Guest Jo rainbow richards

Guest guest8040
Quite a spread from Devon then! Plymouth up to Tivey...

I think Adelaide is a bit like Plymouth in some ways - very under-rated as a city, Plymouth has one of the finest harbour views of any city in the world - the Hoe is a marvel.

It all seems like a huge mountain to climb, but 3 months in and we are feeling like we are living here - we just dealt with each thing at a time and whilst we weren't blown away to start with (afterall Devon is probably one of the best bits of the UK to come from, not that I'm biased or anything!), it's really growing on us and certainly no talk of it not working.

I think the hardest part was working out which bit of Adelaide we really wanted to live in - so many choices and so dependant on what you want. For us it was, near beach, near places to cycle and short commute to work (i.e. the city) and the Lockleys area fitted the bill best.

Oh and I was really worried about not getting a job but that just seemed to happen too....

It'll all work out dreckly!

We're looking at Lockleys area can you give us a lowdown - particularly primary schools if poss and any disadvantages of being close to the airport? Thanks!