singapore airport currency

Guest andy&jill

Guest andy&jill

Hi all,

Who recently has passed through sinapore airport, whats the best currency to use, or do they take anything? and do you need to book the hotel at the airport or can you just roll up, any info appreciated

cheers

Andy

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Andy,

In the past we have changed English or Aussie into Singapore $'s at the Airport but on our last return flight we found that we was able to use Aussie Money at the tills without a problem, just say can I pay in Aussie $'s and they recalculate it for you.

Sorry cant answer the rest of your questions.

Cheers

Martin and Val

Guest philnjulie

hi there,

would recommend booking transit hotel over the internet when we travelled we got our room in terminal1 not 2 seemed fairly busy they also do family rooms and not really expensive phil

Guest banjo70

Hi,

They take all major currencies at Changi Airport. Pounds, Dollars, Euros etc are all fine.

We booked the transit hotel online, they took an age to get back to us which was a bit stressful, but we got it in the end. If I did it again I'd phone them direct.

The Terminal 1 Hotel is closest for the Gym and Pool, but if you're in the Terminal 2 Hotel you can use them as well.

Guest Guest75

Yup - they take most currencies in the airport.

I'd book in advance online - but it may be worth a call to confirm the booking,they are very slack at replying to emails.:)

Guest Libby1971

Any currency is okay - just tell them what you using and the convert it.

As for airport, the changi rooms are available in 6 hour blocks to check how long your wait it.

A new hotel is opening at terminal 3 this year, not sure of dates although I think about July, called the Crown Plaza and rooms will be available in 12 hour blocks. We have a 14 hour wait due to connections on one of our journeys so plan to visit this one. We were told about this one at the Singapore airlines offices.

Libby